Chapter 4: Flirty

-Blaze POV-

So beautiful.
I coo and Asher huffs.

Mine.

Ours.
I correct as I stare unblinking.

Our mate isn't paying us any attention as he tries to decide between chocolate croissants, or glazed donuts.
He runs his fingers though his short fluffy curls spreading his scent throughout the entire isle. Not at all discreetly I lift my nose and inhale deeply to take as much as I can into my lungs.

"Can I help you?" A voice harshly interrupts me while I was enjoying him on my tongue.

I slowly lower my head to meet the most beautiful aquamarine eyes.

Gorgeous.
Asher whispers.

I forget to answer his question as my eyes greedily imprint every one of his features to memory.
I was secretly thanking the Moon Goddess for her generosity when his light aquamarine eyes slit. His neutral expression changing to one of suspicion.

The intelligence and severity of his observance makes me feel like an insect beneath a magnifying glass.

"Hey creepy dude I know the security gu-

I cut him off as I start to quickly use my hands deciding to rely on my very limited knowledge of ASL.

Hello, My name is Blaze. What is your name?
I quickly sign perfectly but still kick myself cause besides greetings and introducing myself I don't know much more.

My mates eyes soften and his shoulders relax.
"I'm sorry. I don't know any ASL." He says politely.

I'm disappointed my efforts are all for not and my entire body deflates as I realize I can't even politely greet my mate.

But to my surprise he giggles.

My eyes dart across his face trying to surmise what I did that was so funny.

He lifts his hand to his face to brush his delicate fingers against his lips.
"I apologize I didn't mean to laugh at you I just never seen such a big Mister pout the way you're doing now." He says trying and failing to hide his amused smile.

I'm pouting? No one has ever accused me of doing something soo...not me.
I say to my wolf,

Is it just me or is our mate teasing us?
Asher retorts and I contemplate that.

As a mute I have been teased a lot for not being able to communicate the way 'normal' people do. This doesn't feel anything like that.

"Are you deaf?" He asks dispelling my rapid fire thoughts.

I shake my head.

"Either way there's no reason to pout Mister...no matter how adorable it is." He says the last past so low I wouldn't have heard it if I didn't have amazing hearing. I try not to smile and fail as he reaches into the little bag that hangs from a strap placed across his chest.

He produces a pen and paper and I ask myself why I had never thought of carrying around the same thing. Especially because of how often I find myself in the predicament of having no way to communicate.

Wolves in the pack house are nearly constantly trying to talk and confide in me about their problems.

Everyone in the pack knows I'm mute but that never stops them trying.

If it's important I will use the link.
It maybe strange for an alpha to say but because I'm unable to speak verbally, speaking telepathically feels intimate. I prefer only to speak that way with the wolves I'm close to.
So a pad and paper would be handy.