A Guy?

(First chapter up. Hope you like.)

I look out into the night. The woods where me and my brother would play in before Mom died. Now Dad has been working really hard and my brother has been at college working hard so that once he graduates, he'll help Dad with the business.

I rest my chin on my arms as they rest on the baluster. The chilly wind helped a little as I look at the snow covering the area. Winter was such a fun time for my family. But now it was a sad reminder of when Mom passed away. I missed those times. At least it's Winter Break so that we can at least try to have some family time. I sigh, "I need some hot cocoa." I said to myself as I then a stand up and start walking to the door. But then I heard a loud noise and look back into the woods.

I walk to stand on the edge of the porch and look out to see if I can find anything. But it was dark and it could have been an animal. But I don't hear any thing else. I look back at the door then at the woods again I scoff, "What the Heck?" I go inside and grab a flashlight then walk into the woods. I turn it on as I use it to try and see anything. It's been a long time since a I have been in here. Good thing I was wearing a coat since it is freezing outside.

I look around for a while and was about to brush it off as some animal but the. I look over to see an area that was bright. I slowly walk over and then I come across a beautiful area. It had some winter plants and the snow on the ground was glittering from the light of the moon. And there's a guy lying on the ground at the center of it.... A GUY LYING IN THE CENTER OF IT?!? "What the-?!" I rush over and slide onto my knees as I look down at him. I turn off the flashlight and put it beside me as I brush the snow off the guy. I look to see that he is wearing a blue hoodie and some really worn out brown pants. And no shoes? I shake my head as I take off my coat and place it on him. I look at his face and see that his eyes are closed. I quickly place my fingers on his neck to check for a pulse.

Phew. He's alive. I then grab my flashlight and place it my back pocket. I carefully pick up the guy but then right as I stand up, I notice a weird staff on the ground. I kicked it up into my hand as I then walk back to the house. But then the path back was lit up by the moon and I look up to see it shining down. Like a warm blanket. I focus ahead and soon make it back home.

I struggled a little but was able to get the door open. "Okay!" I then place the guy on the couch. It was in front the fireplace so I immediately started a fire. I take a deep breath as I look back at the strange guy and walk over to him. I kneel down as I take a good look at the guy. "Huh." I say as I notice that he looks kind of... handsome. He has fair skin and had light brown hair. I raise my hand feel his forehead. "Hmm." I hum you then raise my hand coat to see that his clothes were wet. Shoot.

"Okay. A mysterious handsome man appears out of nowhere and now he is going to get hypothermia. Unless.... No!" I slap my hands onto my face as I stop pacing around. Okay, new idea. I go into the bathroom then walk back to the guy as I carry towels. I take off my jacket and toss it onto the ground as I then carefully move the guy as I place the towels under him. I then place some on him and once I was done, the guy started to groan and move a little. I look at his face and see him open his eyes. He blinks a couple times then looks at me. And his eyes are... pretty. They are a beautiful brown like his hair.

But then he closes his eyes and I hear him sigh. I exhale some air. Huh. I didn't know I was holding my breath. I then went and wet a small towel with warm water and place it on his head. I then lean back against the couch and watch the fire. After a minute, it hits me and I rest my head on my knees. What just happened?