Feel Free

You woke up in your apartment bruises on your face from last night you looked around and didn't see Alex witch means he probably got drunk again and is laying on the couch you took a deep breath and stood up as you went to shower Alex stops you "What the hell are you doing" you looked back scared "I was going for a shower", "no go make me breakfast" you walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen as you make bacon and eggs you look behind you and saw Alex sitting there with a glass of liquor in his hand you hand him the food when it's done as he took a bite he spit out the food and threw the plate at you "what the fuck was that, your in big trouble" he stood up and walked to you, you felt frozen you couldn't move he punched you in the face and kept doing it while you were bleeding he picked you up and held you by the neck "you made a huge mistake y/n", he threw you down as you smelled the alcohol from his breath you caughed and called the police even though it's hard to tell them you needed help and to get out, the police have arrived and arrested him and you were taken to the hospital Emily met you there while you were packing up to head to her place Emily gave you a deep hug "you finally left him I'm so proud of you" "I'm just glad that jerk is in jail" you smiled and Emily drove to her apartment "I'm actually glad I have a roommate now it was getting kinda boring alone" you grabbed your things and went into the guest room which is your room now you unpacked as Emily was making brunch because you didn't eat, you went to take a shower you looked at the flowing water and took a deep breath you stepped in and felt the warm water on your body you smiled after washing your hair and your body you got out of the shower and wrapped the towel around you, you looked at the mirror looking at what Alex had done to you, you stood there and cried for a few minutes as you heard knock on the door "hey y/n are you okay breakfast is almost ready" "I'm fine just thinking" you wiped the tears and started to change into your outfit and put on makeup to hide the marks on your face you brushed your hair and put it in a messy bun

you have work in a few minutes so you quickly ate your pancakes and walked out the door with your purse Emily drove you since you both work at the same place you hung up your purse and put on your apron waiting for the day to begin it wasn't as busy as yesterday but your kinda glad because you just wanted to go home and watch tv after your shift. you waited for Emily to come outside as she did you both got into the car and drove to the grocery store because Emily had to pick up a few things as your picked out some stuff as well your favorite snack which is vanilla yogurt pretzels you found a huge box of them you were glad, you guys went back to the car singing your favourite playlist you made since you met Emily after getting home you guys sat down on the couch and picked a movie (The notebook) it was your favorite growing up later in the day you got a text from your sister showing you her new baby boy and showed Emily "look how cute my nephew is I wish I was in Canada so I can see my family and hold that little guy" "don't worry you'll see them soon" Emily said as you went into your room with your snack and dinner which was pasta you ate the whole bowl while drawing, you then blanked out thinking about the past of Alex hitting you, you snapped back into reality from Emily saying that she was going to bed you nodded your head and got ready as well you turned off the lights and pulled out a little flashlight to read a book (the lake) you then fell asleep but you tossed and turned the whole night, you couldn't sleep so you got up around 6 in the morning not wanting to have a shower yet because you didn't want to wake up Emily you went back to your desk and finished the drawing you were doing yesterday night it was now 7 and you had the day off and you weren't hungry so you layed in bed trying to at least sleep and you did thank god it was a nice sleep waking up to the smell of burgers for lunch you got up and had another shower as you walked out nice and clean and sat down waiting for lunch "you slept in late you okay" Emily asked "yeah I'm fine just tossed and turned in my sleep so I wanted to sleep around 7 after my drawing I made" that was true but saying your fine wasn't you felt bad telling Emily your best friend a lie but you didn't want to open up to anyone yet, you finished lunch and went on your phone scrolling through Instagram seeing the photos of your family and your new nephew you gave your mom a face time call because Emily had to work, you talked to her for a few hours before hanging up you got off the couch and made a cup of hot chocolate "this is good hot cocoa I made I guess working at my coffee shop really does pay off" you said drinking it you walked to your laptop and started working on some music because that's what you want to do in your free time you play almost every and you sing quite often but Alex told you to never sing because you sounded terrible but now that he's gone you can do whatever makes you happy.

Emily returned from work, You announced dinner was ready. "Thank you, y/n," she smiled. Leaving your music-making in the room, you joined her for a few rounds of Mario Kart on the Nintendo Switch, winning three games. "Oh come on, you cheated," she protested. "How did I cheat? You're just bad at the game," you teased, placing the console down before retiring to your room to read. Falling asleep peacefully, you didn't have any nightmares, just dreams of making music. The next day, you walked to work, as Emily didn't have to go. Donning your apron, you served customers throughout the day.