The Truth

"So... Xevon, right? What do you mean by 'this world?' Are there World Champions in Ultra Space?"

Xevon chuckles. "Not quite. What I mean is that there are other worlds out there. Not Ultra Space. Other universes entirely. For example, there is a universe where your friend Twila is still evil, and your friends never met... and where you never existed."

A chill runs down your spine. "A-and why does that matter?"

"Because I believe I've discovered a way to travel between worlds."

"How...?"

"A Pokémon. Only one exists in the entire multiverse. Kenoteras."

"Kenoteras? I've never heard of that Pokémon..."

"It hasn't been discovered in this universe yet."

"Interesting..."

"In any case, I've formed a collective with the goal of harnessing the power of Kenoteras to stabilize and normalize multiversal travel. Team Void. I am here to ask you to join us."

You think it over and remember what happened with Team Brain. "...no."

"No?"

"I'm not joining. I was already tricked once, I'm not letting it happen again."

"...I see." Xevon's expression darkens.

"Don't worry, I'll stay out of your way. But I won't join."

Xevon sends out Eternatus. "I wasn't asking. We need you in order to harness the power of Kenoteras. We need you to catch it."

You sigh. "Alright, if that's how we're gonna do this, go, Frosfyre! Use Freezing Fury!"

"Dynamax Cannon!"

Frosfyre takes moderate damage and skids back.

"Do you not understand, Y/N? This could revolutionize our understanding of the multiverse!"

"Last time someone used the word 'revolutionize,' it was Professor Oak torturing and experimenting on Pokémon. I'm not buying this shit. Freezing Flames!"

"Eternabeam!"

Eternatus takes super effective damage and is defeated.

"Return. Now-" Xevon gets an alert on his communicator, and stops. "I'm afraid I must take my leave and cut this battle short. Farewell, Y/N. We shall meet again soon." Xevon sends out what appears to be a prehistoric Terrakion with wings, and flees.

Welcome to the void arc! This story arc contains many brand new Pokémon from other universes! For now, I leave you with art (including concept art) of that prehistoric Terrakion, as well as Xevon's casual outfit, which he was in during this chapter.

So, get ready for a calamity spanning multiple universes, as the journey continues!