CHAPTER ONE: The Subway

(first time writing something like this so it may suck)

As pest stepped off the elevator and into the subway station he was hit with the wind from the passing train. The jukebox in the corner humming the same song except slightly distorted for the 50th time.

Pest was already in a bad mood from his day. He was sick of getting sprayed with water and pelted with snowballs from the players in the elevator. The only good part of the elevator was he got to steal a couple bucks from the players, the other good part was leaving it.

"This day can't get any worse..." Pest mumbles as he waits for his station, counting all the coins he stole from today.

And it did in fact get worse.

Pest suddenly hears the elevator descending down. It was incredibly late and none of the other NPCs took the subway, except for...

The reality of his situation hit him like a brick, but by then it was too late.

The elevator doors open to the familiar sound of a party horn getting blown, and out steps poob.

- "oh for fuck sake-"

- "HAII PEST!!!!"

poob was in his usual happy go lucky mood, which only made pests day worse.

"What do you want?" Pest says, using every ounce of his power to not lash out at poob.

- "oh nuthin I just wanna chat!"

- "can't you tell him not in the mood?"

- "but u always say-"

- "WELL I'M BEING SERIOUS THIS TIME! SHUT UP!"

Pest would turn away from poob, basically fuming at this point. He was about "THIS" close to just punching him in the face.

Meanwhile poob is completely unfazed, he's used to pest acting this way and he knew he didn't have the guts to do anything about it.

Or so he thought...

"And if I don't?" Poob says, almost mocking him.

- "poob I swear to fucking GOD if you don't shut up-"

- "u always say that and u never do anything about it! I bet u don't even have the ba-"

Pest would pull out an un-opened switchblade and press it up to poobs a stomach.

- "w-"

- "if you don't shut up I'll make you"

Poob, STILL thinking this is just a silly joke still continues to talk.

-" b-but pest I'm your friend!"

"Friend"

Pest hated that word. He hated it anytime had tried to be or consider him a friend. He couldn't even count how many times poob had addressed him by that word.

-" how many times do I have to tell you we are NOT FRIENDS!"

-"b-but-"

-" NO BUTS. I DONT CARE HOW MANY TIMES YOU TRY AND BE MY "FRIEND" BUT THE POINT STILL STANDS! YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A PAIN IN MY ASS"

poob could suddenly feel tears forming in his eyes, was that really all he was to pest? Just a nobody? Just a nuisance?

-" T-that's not true..."

-" you are THIS close to getting stabbed"

-" you know what pest?"

*Sniffles*

-" I d-dont care how much you degrade me, I don't care how much you say you hate me, I'll always be your friend no matter what you do to me"

Click

Poob would suddenly feel a sharp pain in his lower abdomen, he looks down and sees that pest has flicked the knife open, stabbing it right in his gut

Tears would start to flow like a waterfall out of his eyes as he says what his "friend" has done to him. Pest would quickly take the knife out and poob would fall to the floor.

-" p-pest.... W-why?"

Pest would suddenly realize what he had just done and immediately bent down to see if he could at least stop some of the bleeding.

Poobs vision would start to get blurry and the last thing he would see before passing out was a worried pest,

Trying to save his friend.