Chapter Two

In Al Qadira's embrace, Soraya arrived,A journey of courage, dreams revived

A journey of courage, dreams revived.
Palace gates opened, whispers in the air,
An arrival tale, beyond compare.

---

T

he grand dining hall of the royal palace was a sight to behold, with its long, polished mahogany table stretching across the room and adorned with exquisite silverware and delicate crystal goblets. Candles in ornate candelabras cast a soft, flickering light over the opulent setting, enhancing the ambiance of regal elegance.

As the family gathered for dinner, the seating arrangement reflected the hierarchy.King Jalil al Hakim occupied the head of the table, his presence commanding attention with every gesture and word. Queen Amirah al-Aziz sat at his right hand, radiating grace and poise.

Soraya and her step-sister, Khalida bint Jalil al Hakim, were seated on either side of the king, their positions symbolizing their status within the royal family.Servants moved silently around the table, serving a feast fit for kings.As the meal progressed, the atmosphere in the dining hall grew heavy with unspoken tension.

"Soraya," King Jalil's voice cut through the silence, his tone authoritative yet tinged with concern. "You must understand the challenges that await you in the Crown of Destiny Tournament. It is not a mere game but a crucible of power and deception."

Soraya met her step-father's gaze with unwavering determination, though she couldn't deny the apprehension that simmered beneath the surface. The heavy atmosphere hung over the table"I must impress upon you the gravity of the Crown of Destiny Tournament."Soraya met his gaze with unwavering resolve, though she couldn't deny the weight of his words. "I understand, Your Majesty," she replied respectfully

King Jalil leaned forward, his eyes narrowing slightly as he studied his step-daughter. "This contest is not merely a test of skill and strength," he continued, his voice carrying a note of warning. "It is a web of politics, alliances, and dangers that you must navigate with utmost care.

"The ambitions of others may not align with our own," King Jalil cautioned, his gaze piercing. "Trust no one completely, and be wary of hidden agendas that may lurk beneath the surface."

"Khalida," King Jalil began, his voice commanding attention. "It has been decided that you shall embark on a journey of learning at the prestigious Political Academy."

Soraya's eyes widened in surprise and concern."Father, I must insist that Khalida accompanies me to the Crown of Destiny Tournament," Soraya declared, her voice echoing with conviction.Khalida's gaze shifted uneasily, torn between her sister's plea and her father's decision.

"Soraya, the tournament is not a place for the faint of heart. It requires dedication, skill, and preparation," he explained, his tone firm yet paternal.Soraya's resolve did not waver as she pressed her case. "Khalida and I have always faced challenges together. We complement each other's strengths," she argued, her eyes pleading for understanding.