Chapter Four

"Sometimes, the greatest journeys begin with a single step into the darkness, guided only by the flicker of curiosity in our hearts."

The merchant smiled warmly at Soraya. "Will you please excuse me for a moment? I need to have a talk with someone over there," he said politely, gesturing towards a man across the market.

Soraya turned to see the man from earlier, the one she had bumped into. She nodded understandingly and turned her attention back to the children. "So, when did you all meet him?" she asked with genuine curiosity.

The children grew quiet, exchanging uncertain glances. Finally, one of them spoke up. "It was a few days ago. There were rumors that the prince was arriving, and it made our friends' group nervous."

Suddenly, it seemed like a flashback unfolded before Soraya's eyes. The children's expressions turned somber as they recounted their encounter.

"The prince is rumored to be very cruel to small kids because of his childhood," one of the children explained, a hint of fear in their voice.

Another child nodded in agreement. "Yeah, he was born late and was so arrogant. Since he had no siblings, he hates small kids," they added, their eyes filled with apprehension.

Just then, a man approached the group of children, accompanied by two others. He had a kind smile and knelt down to the crying girl's level. "Why are you lovelies crying?" he asked gently, wiping away her tears.

The boy who had spoken earlier about the prince being cruel spoke up again. "The tyrant prince is coming today," he said, his voice trembling slightly.

The man's expression softened, and he chuckled softly. "Do you think the prince is a bad person?" he inquired, looking at each child in turn.

The children nodded hesitantly, and the boy continued, "He was so arrogant and mean in the rumors we heard."

The man smiled reassuringly. "That's not how the prince is. He may not always meet everyone's expectations, but he is not cruel. I have seen the prince myself, and I can assure you, there's more to him than meets the eye. So please, do not worry."

The flashback ended, and the children's faces lit up as they spoke about their experiences with the prince since that day.

"And from that day on, he comes and gives us a lot to eat," the small boy concluded, looking up at Soraya with admiration.

Soraya listened in awe, realizing that there was much more to the prince and the people of Al Qadira than the rumors had led her to believe.

Once upon a time in the kingdom of Al Qadira, there was a prince whose birth was heralded as a miracle. For years, the queen was believed to be unable to bear children, and the kingdom despaired of an heir. But one glorious day, the news echoed through the land that a prince had been born, bringing joy and hope to the realm.

The prince's arrival, however, was shrouded in mystery. While the kingdom rejoiced at the prospect of an heir, rumors whispered of a distant and cold nature, traits that seemed incongruous with the joyous occasion. Tales spun about the prince painted him as a figure veiled in secrecy, known to only a select few within the palace walls.

Among those who claimed to have glimpsed the prince was a mysterious merchant, a man of enigmatic presence and hidden knowledge. His encounters with the prince were fleeting yet impactful, leaving whispers of intrigue and fascination in their wake.

As Soraya delved into the tales that circulated about the prince, she found herself captivated by the mysteries that surrounded him. She wondered about the truth behind the rumors and the untold stories that lay hidden within the palace's opulent chambers. The prince remained a figure of intrigue, his true nature a tantalizing enigma waiting to be unraveled.