Chapter 10 | Armageddon

TW'S: Violence, torture, mentions of SA, the whole shabang so read at your own discretion ⚠️
______________________________

TW'S: Violence, torture, mentions of SA, the whole shabang so read at your own discretion ⚠️ ______________________________

______________________________

"You ready kid?" Daryl questions as he switches off the ignition and flips the brake.

"Fuck yeah."

Salem releases her grip around Daryl and climbs off the motorcycle first, then Daryl. They both walk behind them, meeting up with Ricks large suv. Rick steps out of the drivers seat and leans over to grab something, pulling it out with a grunt.

"Here, one for each of you," Rick says as he hands both Salem and Daryl a long, powerful rifle.

Salem slings it over her shoulder, as does Daryl. Soon after, Carl steps out of the large car, he walks up beside his father, hands in his pockets and his large hat covering his face as he lowered his head. Salem observes him from the corner of her eye, a pang of guilt in her chest seeing his posture. The guilt soon melts into the growing pile of anger thats behind her heart, aching for a source of release. Alas, Salem keeps her stoic expression.

"This way, not much further," Daryl turns and points in front of him, while the rest of the group step out of their car and follow along.
______________________________

It didn't take long for them to arrive at their fast pace, Salem and Daryl nod at eachother before going opposite directions, each making their way up a tall tree on the left and right of the building.

Rick suppresses his grin as he confidently struts to the entrance of the factory gate. He takes the handle of his revolver and bangs it against the metal door, the sound ringing out three times. "We don't have to kill you, we don't want to have to kill you," Rick lies, "we just have to talk."

"Turn around and leave, cowboy," a gruff voice came from the other side of the wall.

"You know we can't do that," Rick shakes his head.

Salem watches carefully from atop the tree, in a comfortable Salem sized rivet in the tree.

"Fine, I'll play along," the big metal doors open, revealing Axels outstretched figure, his arms out in a surrendering pose, and James and David on either side of him.

Salem grimaces at the sight of him. 

"Good. This is good. We're talking, so talk, Rick," Axel says the last word slowly, drawling it out.

Rick furrows his brows at the fact he knows his name. "Ok, Axel," Rick throws the same tone back at him, "all I need to know is if you'll be a problem for us," Rick already knows the answer, but morbidity gets the better of him.

"What an open ended question," Axel puts his hand in his chin mockingly, "there could be so many answers to that. What do you consider a problem?"

Rick tilts his head slightly, "Taking one of my people, torturing them," Salems eyes flutter uncomfortably hearing this, "that's a problem."