Chapter 11 | Dazzling

Caution, very cute fluff ahead, you have been warned ‼️‼️
______________________________

Caution, very cute fluff ahead, you have been warned ‼️‼️______________________________

______________________________

3 weeks since the Rattlers, seven lives taken, one girl holding on.
______________________________

"That blast is gonna draw any walkers within 100 miles," Glenn rasped out, voice still a little frail from his recovery. He was shot in the very edge of his side, merely a flesh wound. It did manage to knick a few blood vessels so he was weak from blood loss.

"I dunno, the trees probably stopped much of the sound, it'll still draw walkers of course but there's no reason for a herd to migrate our way," Michonne chimes in.

"What are we talking about?" Salem chirps as she walks into the cafeteria and up to the table where everyone is sitting.

"Ricks got Glenn worried about a herd, but I don't think it'll be a problem," Michonne explains.

"Walkers are always a problem," Glenn interjects.

"What do you think Salem? Be our 'delegator'," Rick suggests.

Salem blows a raspberry and thinks for a moment, "Oh, I dunno. I think Glenn has a right to be worried, that blast was huge. Michonne is right as well, if we don't give them any reason to head this way we'll be fine. On the other hand, walkers do whatever the hell they want so there's a chance for them to decide to wander our direction. We may be in trouble, it's worth checking out."

"You were extremely prepared for that question," Carl laughs.

Salem rolls her eyes semi playfully with a smile, "Hey, he asked!"

"No Salems right. I say in a few days we send someone out there to scope it out, possibly lead them another way if needed," Rick says.

The group seem happy with this plan judging by the murmurs of agreements and nods.

"Great," Rick smiles, "meeting adjourned."

Everyone stands up from the table and scatters about the prison. Salem clings by Carls side as they head out to the front to explore the grass.

"Are you worried?" Salem asks suddenly.

"About?" Carl questions, cooing at how adorable she looked with her hands wrapped around his arm and the worried look in her eyes making them grow big and glossy.

"A herd coming this way?"

"It's always a possibility, but we're staying on top of it," Carl soothes her.

This seemed to help a little since Salem quieted down and rested her head on Carls arm as the two sat in the grass, watching the walkers pile up on the fence.

"Isn't nature a beaut?" Carl remarks sarcastically observing the walkers.

"Ain't nothing natural about that," Salem grimaces in disgust eyeing their rotting flesh and disfigured features. "Serious uncanny valley...wanna do something? I'm bored," Salem groans, not wanting to look at the zombies any longer.