Chapter 39 - Edited

(+4 days)

Fifteen days and still nothing. We've hacked into the security system fifteen days ago and we have no clue where James is or even where Christopher is, when he's not at the building.

If nothing happens, we will all look like bags of potatoes because we've been working out a lot. I've been running like hell and now I can almost reach four and half hours, though yesterday I tried that time, and I nearly passed out again.

Mason is still teaching me how to fight better and it's been going great. We just had dinner and we're watching some TV. It's not that late for us to go to bed, so...

(Mason) "Hey, come take a walk with me." – he says in my ear.

I glare at him.

(Mason) "What?"

(Maya) "I have a pair of shorts, slippers and a tank top. It's a bit cold outside."

(Mason) "I have a jacket and we won't take long."

He gets up making me stand too because I was in his lap. He grabs the hoodie that is on the stool and gives it to me. I put it on and we walk outside hand in hand.

(Maya) "Where do you want to go?"

(Mason) "Around the neighborhood."

He puts his arm around my shoulders and I put mine around his waist.

(Mason) "How are things with your dad?"

(Maya) "They're... alright... I guess."

(Mason) "What does alright mean?"

(Maya) "That they're better than they were before but they're still not that good."

He hums.

(Mason) "Have you bought your dress for the wedding?"

(Maya) "Have you bought your tux?" – I look at him.

He glares at me from the corner of his eye.

(Mason) "I'm not going in tux..." – he mumbles.

I stop in front of him and I put my hands on my hips.

(Maya) "I'm sorry, I misheard you. What the fuck did you say?"

He smirks and stands closer.

(Mason) "I'm not wearing any suit."

(Maya) "Yes, you are because it's your cousin's wedding and you're the godfather."

(Mason) "The wedding will be by the pool. We could take swimming suits."

I glare at him and he wraps his arms around my neck.

(Maya) "You're not going in any swimming suit. You're going to wear a proper suit."

(Mason) "We'll think about that..." – he shrugs.

He kisses me and his tongue slips in my mouth but I bite it. He leans back and whines.

(Maya) "No kissing until you promise me you're wearing a suit."

I take his arms off of my shoulders and I step back. He licks his lips.

(Mason) "Maya, I'm not a man of suits."

(Maya) "And I'm not a woman of dresses but I'm still going to wear one."

(Mason) "A shirt isn't enough?"

(Maya) "No. You have to wear the complete suit."

(Mason) "Okay, but no tie."

(Maya) "Oh, nah-uh. You have to wear a tie."