Chapter 57 - Edited

(Monique) "Yes, I remember you... But I know that that bastard is alive!"

(Maya) "Yeah, he really is a bastard..."

(Monique) "I'll slap him on the wedding." – she laughs.

I laugh too.

(Maya) "So, I heard that you're a masseuse?"

(Monique) "Yeah, before the parlor I used to work on a spa."

(Maya) "Awesome and you still have some things from the spa?"

(Monique) "Yes."

(Maya) "Then I'd like to buy your services."

She laughs.

(Monique) "For when?"

(Maya) "Friday. I want a day just for Liv."

(Monique) "I'll be there at nine a.m."

(Maya) "Thank you!"

(Monique) "I'll see you then."

I give Rob his phone.

(Maya) "Thank you!" – I say to him and I hug him.

He laughs and I lean back, shutting off the computer. I walk back to the pool and I see Mason and Liv still sitting on the same positions.

(Maya) "What's up?"

They look at me but a little weirdly.

(Maya) "What?" – I ask kind of scared.

(Olivia) "Do you remember the guy that we had on our basement and that you and Joe caught when we were at my ultrasound?"

(Maya) "Yeah, what about him?"

(Mason) "Your father says he has to make a decision between killing him or loosen him."

(Maya) "So?"

(Olivia) "So? You think it's right to just kill him?"

(Maya) "No but what will happen if we let him go?"

(Olivia) "He's a human being... He doesn't deserve to die with a bullet in his brain."

(Maya) "Neither did Paul and look where he is now. Look, if we let him go, he'll come after us or he might join the other guy."

(Olivia) "But killing him would make us murderers."

(Maya) "Not more than we already are. In case you forgot, I killed James. Your cousin killed Mark and I'm just mentioning the ones we know."

(Olivia) "But those were different situations. Now we have the chance to act as humans and not animals."

(Maya) "Liv, we are being humans. We are protecting the ones we love and the guy will hurt them if we let him go."

Mason has his head down and Liv looks kind of mad. I see some tears being created on her eyes.

(Olivia) "I don't want my baby in this environment." – she gets up and walks past me.

Ouch...

I know that it shouldn't but it hurt... She doesn't want her son in this life and I don't want it either but why do I keep acting like before? I should change, right? I should be more human... But I can't... I've seen what people can do.

(Mason) "Are you okay?"

I nod and I turn around. Before I walk away, he grabs my arm.

(Mason) "Sit here." – he pats the place in front of him, where Liv was.