(3) Be your own boss

Hello my wonderful peeps! How are you doing? Everything going well in life? Let's continue on to see what else is going in the house.

Ersheen came stomping downstairs, running her hand through her hair trying to dry it. Annoyed by what just happened, she mumbled under her breath; "Yaar, mumma bhi na bohot hi zyada dramatic hain. Saare dreams mere pani pani kar diye" (mom is so dramatic, threw water all over my dreams)

***remember what happened in chapter 1, it's referencing to that in case you were wondering***

Her hair was still a little damp from the incident and so was her black kurta but thankfully, it wasn't as noticeable since she used a blow dryer to quickly dry herself.

But her hair, she had to keep that open because of that but it didn't bother her as much since she already had shoulder length hair. The only issue was her wavy hair will puff up into a frizzy mess.

"Zulekha beta (child), is that you? come here!" a male voice comes from the living room and Ersheen follows it. "Jee Baba (yes papa), what happened?" She asks her father. Her father occasionally called her by her middle name affectionately, a name that came from her late Dadi (Paternal grandmother).

"Beta (child) where were you? Tumhari Amma ne pura ghar sar pe utha rakha tha (Your mom had the whole house upside down)" He asks but once he glanced at her hair and kurta, he got his answer then and there.

"I guess she finally found you, that's why you're like this" He chuckles, teasing her.

Pouting, she huffs back; "Baba, your wife is such a taskmaster, pata nehi kaha se Dadi ne aap jaise wonderful person ke liye woh headmistress jaisi wife find kiya (I wonder where grandmother found such headmistress type wife for a wonderful person like you).

He scoffs, trying to hide his laughter and smiles back "Oye (hey), that's my begum (Wife)".

"Yeah, and I am adopted right?" She retorts back, crossing her arms around her torso and turns away in annoyance. He laughs in response to her statement, remembering a similar statement that his wife said to him earlier when she was complaining to him.

While both mother and daughter will never accept it, both were similar in their personalities and attitudes. It was just that Zahida had difficulty accepting that Ersheen had the same fiery spirit in her as she did, one that made him fall in love with her in the first place.

"No, you're not adopted mera bacha (my child)" he consoles her, putting his hand on her head, caressing it gently.

Still not satisfied, she ignored his affection. Of course she wasn't upset at all but he was her dad, she had to show a little bit of nakhre (tantrums) to him.

But of course, he wasn't her father for nothing.

"Zulekha Jaan, gussa chor, acha baba sorry see? (leave your anger, baba is sorry) he grabs his earlobes in apology. Finally turning around and seeing this, Ersheen bursts out laughing and grabs his hands to remove them from his ear.