(6) Those Eyes!

Hi my wonderful people, I'm back with another chapter!! This chapter was soo much writing so I hope you enjoy it just as much, if not more. I also have a surprise for you so you can thank me later.

 I also have a surprise for you so you can thank me later

Some time later...

While sweat was dripping from her forehead, there was not one person in that room whose hard work was not displayed in this class. Ersheen was proud of every single woman who showed up and decided to face their fears head on instead of hide in it.

She could see in their eyes the determination and it renewed her resolve to be a beacon of light in the darkness.

"Okay class, let's get back into our rows. We're going to fall out just like we fell in.

VICTORIOUS! YOU ARE, WE ARE, I AM!"

The class chants back and a smile tugs at her mouth but she controls it. The group slowly walks out of the studio but not without either hugging or thanking Ersheen for her efforts to help empower them. From the stragglers that were left, one of the older ladies walks up to her, tears in her eyes.

"Putt, khush reh. Rab tere sari muradan puriyan kare." (My child, stay happy. May God fulfill all your wishes). She puts her hand on Ersheen's head gently making her close her eyes, caught in the emotion of that blessing.

Opening her eyes, "Shukriya ma'am" (thank you ma'am) she responds back, a knot in her throat preventing her from saying much as raw emotions gradually rose but professionalism was key here. She couldn't just cry every time an older lady gives her any blessings.

*** Bro me so bad every time an elderly lady gives me blessings. Yaar, your author is just too emotional 😭 ***

As soon as all of the women left the building, Ersheen waved at Sidhan and went to the bathroom to freshen up.

Walking up to the sink, She turns on the tap to splash some cold water on her face. Looking into the mirror, she noticed her golden-brown eyes had a reddish hue around them, expressing the suppressed tears that were at bay in the shore of her eyes.

It wasn't everyday that she was triggered by those events but somehow, the reporter knew just how to go for the jugular.

'How did she know that name and why did she say those things about me?' she thought to herself as panic arose in her.

She took a deep breath in, controlling, controlling, controlling but that same breath just came out shaky, in spurts as the tears that she hid during class came out uncontrollably like a monsoon. She didn't want to be weak in front of anyone but now that she knew she was alone, she could let it all out.

Wiping the tears from her face, she takes out her phone to make a call.

"Hello" a groggy voice from the other line.

"It's me, I need you to look into someone for me" she comes to the point straight, no time to waste in pleasantries. A thing that the person on the other line noticed and pointed out fairly quickly.