Chapter Eight

Ashton~*

"Y-You can talk?!" Shock was evident in my voice as I pointed out the obvious like every Aussie does.
"No, I farted" She said with a serious tone. I laughed and I could see it getting difficult for her to stifle a laugh.
"Clearly" I tried but failed to keep in my laugh, I blushed and looked down. My laugh always makes me self-conscious.
"What on earth was that!" She was in hysterics at my 'Australian countryman giggle' that's what Calum calls it anyway. I looked away and my eyes start to sting.
"That laugh! Ah priceless." She sighed and leant back, sipping her Cola. I blinked back tears and fake grinned.
"G-glad I could humour you, I'm just going to the toilet I'll be right back." I shimmied out of the booth before she could speak and walk-ran to the bathroom.

Acacia~*

I watched Ashton's retreating figure with a grin still on my lips. His laugh made my day. I put my coke down on the table and pulled my phone. No new messages, I sighed. I was hoping he would be nice enough to actually see if I'm okay but I don't really care to be fucking honest.

I drank the rest of my cola and leant my elbows on the table, where is that Aussie?! Jesus, I should shout Aussie Aussie Aussie and see if he replys. I pulled out my phone and composed a text.

To: Ashton from Wendy's
Hey ash x you've been in there a while and I'm just seeing if your okay.

I placed my phone on the table after I made sure I locked it and leant back. Picking at my nails while I waited for the familiar ding. I wasn't disappointed as the ding sounded and I picked up my phone.

From: Ashton from Wendy's
Sorry I was on the phone

I frowned at his bluntness and shrugged it off and he sent another.

From: Ashton From Wendy's
I'm comin now

I watched the bathroom door and grinned at him when he left the bathroom, he came to our booth and slid in opposite me. I placed my hand on his and frowned.

"Ash, are you okay?" I asked with worry.

"M'fine" He shrugged and pulled his hand away with a slightly bored expression. I leant back as he picked at the hole in his skinny jeans that was cut at the knee. I sighed in exasperation

"Oh my god, Ash you aren't okay!" I groaned in annoyance.

Ashton~*

I washed my hands after doing my business and pulled my phone out with a sigh. I dialled a number and pulled my phone to my ear. After a few rings it answered.

A: Hey Cal!
C: Ash I have t heard from you in a while.
A: I know, what's up?
C: Eh, Mali is annoying the crap out of me.
A: I'm at McDonalds with this girl and she's already laughed at me.
C: I can imagine you doing that little pouty thing that Mikey taught you.
A: Psychic bitch
C: Stop mumbling you dork. *laughing*
A: Stop laughing at me *whining*
A: Wben can I come down?
C: Anytime Ash
A: Yay!
C: Whatever you dweeb, anyway this girl why is she already laughing at you? *snort*
A: ...... My laugh
C: *getting mad* What the hell
A: It's fine *nervous chuckle*
C: *sigh* as long as your not upset Ash, you best get back to her anyway or she'll think your taking a shit *snorts*
A: Hey! Don't fucking swear *Grinning*
C: Shut up *chuckles* See you Ashy
A: Bye bye CalPal.

I put the phone down and grinned but my smile fell as she sent me a message.

From: Mute Girl
Hey ash x you've been in there a while and I'm just seeing if your okay.

I quickly sent a blunt text after a couple minutes.

To: Mute girl
Sorry I was on the phone

I pressed send and then added another message.

To: Mute girl
I'm comin now

I walked out of the bathroom and once I reached our booth I sat opposite her. She grinned at me and then frowned once I didn't return the gesture. She placed her tiny but rough hands on my own and I internally cringed at how weird they felt in mine. I mean she is real pretty but I'm just not attracted to her. You see, I'm not attracted to girls anyway.

I'm gay