8.

3 years later.

the last few years have been spent on making sure evy doesn't die to alcohol poisoning, listening to gojo vent about being in love with someone who can't reciprocate the same feelings, keeping up with curses, and of course, being with geto.

well, and keeping Toji Fushiguro out of your life. he had tried to contact you so many times, and you kept him out. you haven't talked to him at all since that night at the condo.

right now, you were with evy getting ready for shoko and utahime's wedding.

"do you know where my red lipgloss is?" evy shouted from the bathroom.

"yeah, it's on your side of the drawers under the sink." i shouted back, finishing up my makeup and heading to my closet to pick out an outfit.

i walk in, and the dress and heels i laid out last night are on the ottoman for me. i slip on my silk, royal blue dress and some black heels. a few days ago, i got my hair freshly blown out, and my nails done, so there isn't much left i have to do.

"ooh, someone wants to get laid tonight." evy says, strolling into the closet in her pink silk dress and white heels. she came with me to both my hair, and nail appointments, so we're both ready.

we get into my car, and i call geto.

"hey, i'm on my way to the venue now. will you still be meeting us there in 20 minutes?"

"yes, love, i'll be there. just have to pick up a wedding gift first." he said, also in his car.

"i told you i already bought them that china set.." i say, confused. i look to evy, who isn't paying any attention.

"i know, i just wanted to get them something extra. i went to jujutsu high with the both of them, i just feel like i should get them something too." he said, fumbling his words.

"okay, whatever. well, i'm driving. i'll call you when we get there. i love you." i say, he reciprocates those same words before hanging up.

"that was weird." i say to evy, who nods, then i keep driving.

eventually, we pull into the venue. it looked like a castle. it was an old mansion, with lots of greenery on the outside. i parked the car, and stepped out to grab the gift.

"i didn't know shoko and utahime had this kind of money." evy said while we walked in together.

"i didn't, either." i say.

"i wasn't going to tell you, but i know if i don't you'll do something stupid. toji will be here tonight, do not go with him. stay with me and geto. toji isn't good for you" evy said while stopping to look at me. my eyes widened

"toji will be here tonight..?" i say, genuinely shocked. i didn't know either of the brides knew toji even remotely well enough to invite him to their wedding.

"again, kaylee, do not do anything stupid. you have a boyfriend that loves you and a best friend that will not love you if you go off with your situationship from when we were 18." she says.

"i know, ev. i won't. i'm over toji, you know i love geto." i say, and i mean it.

i try my best to pretend toji isn't even here, which isn't hard when i see geto finally walk in. i walk up to him and greet him with a brief kiss.

"hey, you're finally here." i smile.

"i told you i would be." he smiles back, and wraps his arm around my waist while we walk back to the table. i sit down, and talk with the people at my table. it's just me, geto, evy, and gojo. through the corner of my eye, i see toji walk past.

"i'll be right back, guys. i just have to run to the bathroom real fast." i say, before leaving. i see evy's glare, she's not stupid. she knows just as well as i do that i give in every single time i see toji.

i walk into the bathroom, and fix my lipgloss. he walks in.

"since when were you and geto so serious?" he says.

"toji, what the fuck are you doing in here?" i say, i didn't think he would follow me into the fucking bathroom.

"could you answer my question? when did you lose feelings for me?" he says, walking closer.

i sigh, "as soon as you lied to me, toji. you already had me at that party, you didn't need to hurt suguru. how do you think i felt when he said those things to me? how do you think he felt hearing those things about the woman he loves?" i say, coldly.

"yeah, well, you're also the woman i love, and i have to wake up every single day knowing you aren't mine anymore. knowing, that you're choosing to be with him and not me. knowing that he gets to sleep with you, wake up next to you every day, and i don't." toji says, inching closer.

"toji, that was years ago. i was eighteen. i didn't know what love was, and neither did you. now, i do. and i love suguru. i choose him." the girl said, and gathered her things and left the bathroom.

toji couldn't explain the way he was feeling. he knew how he felt, and he had never doubted anything until this moment. why was the girl so hostile towards him?

so, we've met again stranger.