11.

as i pulled into sukuna's driveway, evy was waiting outside. as soon as she saw me park, she ran to the car, clearly upset.

"what happened ev?" i ask as she steps in.

"bro, i don't even know. last night, we were genuinely talking about things, not just fucking. then this morning he gets some random phone call and suddenly he needs to leave and we can't talk for a while, or ever again." she says, ranting about the late night she had.

"that's weird, i don't like that." i say, driving back home.

when we get home, i start to realize how much wedding planning i need to get done. our wedding date is set for october 7th, and it's currently july 21st. so far, we've decided on getting married in italy, and made a reservation at a venue there. we fly to italy the first of october, so there isn't much time.

tomorrow, me and evy are going wedding dress shopping, but as a pick me up for her i decided to do our cake testing today.

suguru and megumi decided to come over and help us. suguru decided he wants chocolate, but i want almond. so we got 8 of each.

the first one i try, is an almond cake with vanilla buttercream and almond shavings on top. the cake is absolutely perfect, just the right amount of richness and moisture.

"oh my god, kaylee i might have to go with geto on this one. try this cake." evy says, shoving a fork in my mouth with chocolate cake on it.

the cake flavor is called "death by chocolate" so, the cake is chocolate, with chocolate chips, and chocolate buttercream, topped with chocolate ganache. it's delicious.

"oh my god, wait." i say, tasting the cake. she's right, suguru might have a point with chocolate. it's perfect.

"i say we do a layer of both, i think they'll go well together." suguru says, now we just need to decide which of each we'll do.

"i say the first almond cake, and the chocolate cake evy just gave me." i say, taking the last bite of an almond cake.

"that's what we'll do then." suguru says, kissing my forehead.

later that night, it's just me and evy at home watching a movie.

"did geto ever do the cat and mouse thing with you?" evy says, staring at the wall.

"no, ev. he didn't. but that's not geto, toji did, a lot."

"that doesn't help. i don't want to be with someone like toji." she replies, sighing.

i laugh, and then gather my things.

"i'm going to sleep." i say, and go upstairs. when i reach my room, i close my door and get into bed. i'm already ready to go to sleep, so i can just lay in bed.
suddenly, i get a text notification. from toji.

toji
can u meet me for lunch tomorrow? i'll make it quick, i just think we need to talk about things. i haven't been able to get my mind off anything and i just need to get it off my conscience.

it's been 3 years and he can't get it off his mind? this is ridiculous. but, i can't help it when i accidentally hit send on the text saying the time, and place we'll be meeting tomorrow. it's not like i'm doing anything bad, toji knows i'm with geto, and that, that is how things will stay.