Presented

"There's so much love in friendship, people forget that,"

The train ride felt like a dream.

Finnick, Mags, and Calder discussed the games and how to win, or at least try to; Cilla sat on the couch built below the window, watching the trees that zoomed outside it.

She had an idea of what the capitol looked like from all the promotional videos shown through the years, but she never thought she'd see it up close.

The tall, shiny buildings that looked like they were made of gold, the people who looked like they wore it. It was filled with those who looked like they were once ordinary, unlike those in districts below them.

In passing, Cilla had seen people who had run from their homes to find a better place to live, a safer place to live. Maybe if they could, she could as well.

Next to her, the couch dipped. Her head raised from where it lay on her arm, eyes meeting the woman that titled her world completely.

"Lucille, right? I don't think we properly met. I'm Rachelle," The woman's smile was gentle as a hand was held out. Cilla stared at it before reaching out and shaking it; her hands were soft- as if she never worked before.

"Cilla," She tried to smile back at her but couldn't fully form one as she looked back out the window.

"Have you eaten? We'll arrive here soon. It's better to get your stomach settled for today."

Right, today they had the show.

They would parade the tributes around in outrageous outfits and ask them questions no one needed to know about.

"You'll be taken to get ready and then meet with your stylist, Tigris. She's an angel and a fantastic dressmaker," Cilla knew who that was.

Finnick came back from his games talking about a woman, or what he thought was a woman, who resembled an actual tiger. This interested Cilla; she loved animals and grew up caring for them at home, but from a young age, she had an interest in tigers.

She read books about creatures that were extinct, tigers on the list, and was fascinated by them- how they were copies of the wild animals running around her backyard.

"I'm not that hungry," She shrugged. Rachelle looked back at the table before getting up and walking over to it. Cilla watched as she took a napkin and scanned the table, dropping it over something before picking it up and walking back over.

"Have you ever had a cinnamon roll? They are personally my favorite thing in the whole world," She held out the napkin.

She had heard of cinnamon but never tasted it. But it looked appealing, the white glaze that settled over it dripping over the side perfectly as if it were made like that.

She took the treat from the napkin. It was warm and soft; she pulled the first part off and put it in her mouth. Within seconds, she closed her eyes in bliss as her hands went to tear more off.