Humdard.

Virat's pov:

Was she for real? Ye ladki bhi na. She is feverish but still she goes on working and working.

"Arrre kriti stop it, it's been two hours since you told me ki hum baad mein khaayenge, I am also hungry now." Said Virat.

"Accha pehle ye medicines khaani hai, toh khana kha lo, phir you check it all you want." Said Virat. He wanted her to just sleep and rest and Anyway it was two at night. So she should not work late anymore.

"Dude, please just one more left. Phir I'll eat, sleep and everything you want. Okay? And if you're hungry, pizza kha lo. Yaa toh I can also make you sandwiches if you want to eat healthy." She said as she switched to the last one.

"Nahi nahi. I'm not taking a no anymore. It's two in the morning, you have a 100° fever and you're not taking the medicines too. You definitely want to end up in the hospital it seems" He said, a little angrily, raising his voice a bit.

Kriti flinched at the sudden rise of tone. Virat saw this. Andher mood swings didn't help at all, she almost began to cry.

'This is so not me, kriti you better stop it now. No more crying, You're not a baby' she thought. She always did this whenever she consoled herself.

Virat didn't expect her to flinch like that as he wasn't angry at all, just concerned. But nevertheless, he pulled kriti towards him, and hugged her till she was okay.

"It's okay kriti, I'm so so sorry I didn't mean to scared you at all. I'm so sorry" He said still not leaving her.

"Thankyou Virat, and it's not yor fault at all. These bloody periods. It's just that I didn't think ki tum sach mein aa jaaoge." She said, thanking him for the Nth time now.

She wrapped all the stuff up and they moved towards the couch, Virat put some romcom movie and they had pizza and kriti had noodles.

"Kya baat hai Haan, the Virat Kohli giving up his diet for me? I must say I feel special." She said jokingly.

"You feel special? You are kriti, you are special." He said, and that made kriti a blushing mess.

----------------------------------------------------------

Author's pov:

They had finished the pizza and the movie. Both of them sleeping like babies on the couch.

Virat's legs on the table opposite to the sofa, and kriti leaning on his shoulder, her one hand from vi's back circled his waist. A blanket covering them both. Even though the place wasn't so comfortable to be slept on, it still felt to him like he was sleeping on clouds.

Vi woke up and glanced at the clock, it was 4:30 in the morning and kriti almost shivered due to the wind coming from the window which was open. Maybe due to the wind he thought.

He got up to close the window. Kriti felt a sudden loss of warmth which made her move a little. She didn't leave his hand though, ehich virat had held. He moved a few strands of her hair behind her ear and stroked her head for a while.

After that, he closed the window and came to her, opened her hair which were in a bun and tied them in a ponytail. His sister often told him how uncomfortable it was to sleep in a bun.

Then he came to the couch again and covered her with the blanket, pushed her hand around his back again and locked another hand of hers around her waist. He loved how she circled her arms around him, silently as if telling him that she liked him too.

It was sometime later that kriti had the same nightmare again, it had been visiting her for almost 3 years now.

She tried to free herself from her ex husband who ran behind her with a belt around his arm, she begged him to not beat her with that as everyone was watching them.

Even in all those almost known faces, nobody was trying to come forward, help her. No one even dared to, as everybody knew harsh's anger issues.

She stumbled upon the wall nearby and fell down and as harsh approached her, she was thankful that she woke up.

"Kriti? Hey, why are you crying?" She heard Virat say. And she woke up with a jerk.

"Plea....please tell him not to follow m-me." She said, "He's back a-again idk idk what to do, what of he comes back here? Vi, I don't want to go back again." She said trembling and crying.

Virat tried to comfort her, she hugged him tightly, almost choking him, as if her life depended on him. Butwas he going to complain, not at all. All he did was to stroke her hair, ever so softly and tried to stop her from crying.

He whispered sweet nothings to her while still storking her hair and then in no time she slept again. But sleep was far away from virat's eyes. All he felt was anger, or rather rage. He wanted to kill this harsh or whoever it was.

And again when she rotated her head to the other side, he hugged her again, tightly as if telling her that he was there.

She looked so peaceful while sleeping, she was so beautiful, even the dried tear stains on her cheeks made her look anything but pretty. She was way out of his league, he thought. How could someone ever do anything so cruel to such a pure soul? He thought as he remembered the way kriti was crying because of that guy.

After that, vi picked kriti up along with the blanket and placed her on her bed, cleared the table and sofa. He started roaming around the house because there was a lot of time in hand.

He came across a room, called 'the memory lane' he wondered what it was, and entered in. There were frames and polaroids of kriti and her family since she was born, and a diary lying around. But he didn't open it to read, because he respected her privacy. But he took some photos that were hanging on the wall with her phone of kriti, with little notes on it like 'My first pet' 'Brownie' etc.

It was 7 when vi decided to make something for breakfast. Their practice started after three weeks from now. So he had also planned to visit Delhi to meet his family.

He had made omlette and toasts with a fruit-bowl with some fruits that he could find in the fridge.

He went to wake her up. "Good morning madam, uth jaaiye, subha ho gayi hai" said he. To which, kriti just groaned. "Kriti uth jaa na yaar" He said, removing the blanket from above her.

"Do minute insaan so nahi sakta batao" Saying so, she woke up and realised that it wasn't aashika aur sonakshi but Virat who woke her.

"Rise and shine beauty, 9 baj gaye hain, tum fresh ho jaao, I've made breakfast also, neeche aa Jaana alright?" He said, smiling at the beauty in front of him.

"Ye sab karne ki kya zarurat thi yaar, I would have made it for you na" She said. "Tum ne banaya, Maine banaya ek hi baat hai" said Virat.

She headed down wearing a cute frock of white colour and small polka dots of black. Virat was wearing a black shirt, tucked in gray pants and maybe he looked like he was ready to go.

"Hello? Vi?" Said kriti, bringing him out of his la la land. Virat was literally unable to breathe when he saw her, in a white dress.

Then, both of them had breakfast and kriti thanked him and virat left, or may i say, a really really happy virat left her house. He was on cloud nine, just because he was able to spend some time with his kriti.

While, on the other side, Sonakshi, aashika hardik and Rahul along with rohit, and some others including some of the friends of sonakshi from her earlier workplace decided to meet two days later for the party.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As promised, here's the double update. Keep voting and commenting on the story, or not. Your choice, lekin paise nahi lagte vote karne ke. Toh kar do na yaar.

Keep loving the book❤️❤️✨️✨️❤️❤️

And a surprise is on the way tomorrow. So stay tuned. Love you byeee tata✌️✌️