Put Your Dreams On Hold

Today, before Pete comes to get my stuff, I'm going to go drop out.

I walk to south campus, where the office is, and I sign some papers, make some calls, that's it.

Now, I'm just an unemployed, nineteen year old pregnant male, who is extremely average at acting.

Fucking perfect.

How am I even supposed to get a job? And pay rent at Petes house? I can't even get any money from my family.

I walked into my dorm, for probably the last time. I looked around and sat down on my bed, thinking about what I'm going to do.

I became overwhelmed, and I started crying. I lied back and buried my face in a pillow and started sobbing. How could I have been so stupid?

I continued to scream and sob into the pillow. I heard the door open and close.

Pete doesn't even knock how rude.

"Hey are you read- oh my god are you alright?" He walked to the side of the bed and sat down, placing his hand on my back.

"Get the fuck off of me." I growled at him.

He quickly got off of the bed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." He said thoughtfully.

"Sorry? You're 'sorry'? Sorry doesn't excuse the fact that you got me pregnant. That I had to drop out of college today. That my family disowned me yesterday." Tears flowed down my face, it's hard to be angry when my hormones are so off.

I put my head in my hands and continued to cry.

Pete sat down beside me and hesitantly hugged me.

"Patrick, I'm going to try and make things right. I promise."

He kissed the top of my head, "Now, come on, let's get you home."

Home? No. That's not my home.

...

We arrived at Petes, of course after we got milk shakes.

These cravings kinda suck.

Pete led me up the steps, and through the entrance.

"So, there's three bathrooms and four bedrooms. Do you want an upstairs or downstairs bedroom?"

I almost, almost said the room furthest from you, but Pete is being very polite, offering me a place to live.

"Downstairs would be best for when I'm further along in the pregnancy, so I guess I'll take a downstairs room."

Logic is good.

Pete leads me down a hall, there's four doors, he opens the second one on the left, revealing a maroon room with a white bed. It's actually really nice.

"So, this is your room, and the bathroom is right across the hall. My room is next to your bathroom, so if you need anything just yell. I'll go get your stuff."

How the hell did I end up within five feet of Petes door? I should've chosen upstairs, but it's too late.

Pete came back carrying my bags and a couple of the books I chose to keep. Pete must be kinda strong because I know that shit is heavy.

He walked in my room and placed my things gently on the bed.

"So, I have work in 30 minutes. Do you need anything before I leave?" He asked standing in the door.

"No, but thanks." I said to him.

He smiled and left.

Maybe staying Petes wouldn't be so bad. I mean, he's nice, and at least he cares enough about me, or at least the baby.