.・゜゜・Chapter 12: Lies Complement Honesty, they're best friends .・゜゜・

Content/guide:

"Luffy" - talking

'Luffy' - Thinking

Luffy - One or more people shouting/mad

Luffy -  Roger's spirit

{Luffy} - Voice of all things/ the world

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

"Doctor, how are they?" "They're fine, just entered a short comatose state due to the shock. In a few more days they'll return to normal levels." I nod as the doctor clears his supplies

"And Banchina? How is she faring?  Luffy said her disease couldn't be cured is that true? "Shanks asks looking out the window to see Yassop and Ussop catching up; a grim atmosphere surrounding them.

"For the island doctors and probably most east blue doctors, yes, Luffy's right. She was somehow caught with 'South blue Emperor disease'. A sickness you'd never think about finding here. It'll require traversing the grand line, calm belt, and possibly even the red line."

"That explains it." Shanks smiled as he saw Yassop and Ussop hugging, the grim atmosphere was gone and adventure stories filled the air.

The doctor left the room silently with the only indication of the click of the door. 

。°。°。°。°。°。with Yassop and Ussop。°。°。°。°。°

"Tell me about the kid!" Ussop shouted (more like demanded) making his father smirk "Oh? You don't wanna hear about my adventures?"

"Uh well, I'm just worried for a small person like him. As a great warrior of the sea, I must protect people like him-!" 'Not to mention he's my age and potential friend.' 

Yassop looked at his son caught off guard by his response. "I see... Let's go see him then." The two stood up and went to the house which was less than a minute's walk. The house was the perfect place for the pirate as it was the only one on top of the hill and most people steered clear except the doctor.

The house had three rooms, each with bathrooms, a kitchen connected to the living room, and a small table in the middle. It was decorated with trinkets that both Ussop and Yassop found. In the kitchen are Banchina and Roux.

"Mom! What are you doing? it would be best if you were resting!" he said concerned running to his mother's side Yassop not far back. Banchina smiled softly at their concern "I'm cooking. the doc gave me the go-ahead and Roux here offered to stay in case something happens. Plus it's not every day I get to cook for you two let alone cook.

- the two looked like they wanted to say something but Banchina quickly continued- I've been cooped up with my disease I can't remember the last time I went out" She finished as they calmed down; Roux who was in the room said nothing.

"Just take it easy, you were just cured." Roux now deciding to speak agreed with them. "Okay, okay, after I finish here. dinners almost ready." They let it go knowing that they couldn't persuade her further.

The father and son look at each other having a silent conversation with their eyes. They took a seat on the chair and quietly sat waiting. The next few minutes were spent with small talk and the sound of food.

"Done. I hope you enjoy." Banchina announced as she placed a plate with food on the table in front of each chair and the rest in the middle. "Well then, I've gone to lie down now." All eyes turned to her as she stood by the door 

"You're not going to eat?"Yassop asked and she shook her head no. "Just like I promised, once I finish cooking, I'll lie down. goodnight." And with that, she left confusing the three.