Chapter 18

DENIQUE COOPER 23

"Royale, hurry up, nuh!"

"Mi a come, gosh unuh caw wait?"

"Look how long we start get ready and yuh caw done." I replied. I'm checking my hair on my phone camera.

Yeah, mi angle da outfit ya and mi best friend sort out mi hair properly.

"I am coming." She shouted from the bathroom.

We were going to the club. We spoke on Monday, and it was a good talk. I am still mad at her awful father, but I have forgiven her. I can't blame her too much because she was groomed to behave like that. Pickney act weh them learn.

She apologised and explained herself, and I understand fully.

Well, ish

She wanted me to meet my uncle but I think that's too soon. Yuh affi creep before yuh leap.

"Run before yu---

Ah, shut up nuh body naw talk to yuh.

After the talk it was a little awkward but to lighten the mood, Yan suggested that we go out to "start a fresh" and at first I told her to shut up but then I changed my mind and decided why not, it can't hurt.

Mi due fi a little outing time before me start wobble.

Right Louise?

Nuh yuh seh mi fi shut up?

Kmt...ANYWAYS. We decided to go to Carib to watch a movie and then go get something to eat.

"In my life, mi never think  that somebody would take longer to ready than you, Denique." Yan said, taking me back from my thoughts.

It's like a family curse to neck."  Yanique said, putting on the 100th coat to her already shiny lips.

She look like when mi use to deh St. Thomas a eat fry chicken back.

"Girl Royale have a special place a hell fi di habbit ya weh she got." I said spinning infront the mirrow, then glancing at Yan as she took selfies behind me.

She looks damn good.
Yeah, mi bestie dressing a yuh gift.

If man never tie mi dung wid belly mi would a surely bi lit tonight.

Another reason to hate his ass.

"Which part a yuh Denique?"

Every muscle,vein and tissue.

"Yuh need fi talk to wi baby father and stop gwaan like ya idiot."

Better yuh shut up.

Talk to who? Not talking to him. Girl call mi phone, come a mi place of work and a look argument. Him need to sort out him bagga bagga.