Chapter Eight: Her Test

Time skip.
Days turned into weeks. Weeks into months. Then months into years. There had been no word of Moiraine or her whereabouts. Most had given up searching for her. Many believed she did not want to be found until she was ready. Alessia would not accept this. She wanted to go out and search. With the constant being put down every time she brought the subject up. She would often pray to the Light only to receive nothing for her prayers. She kept the pendant close at all times until it was laid forgotten on her desk. She would look upon it every night before she would go to bed. Lillen Sedai had been there for her when she felt almost at her lowest. Keeping her mind distracted with her love for spiders. Her friends were there as well. Alice kept her mind busy with choir. As did Alanna. Tarna had become an Aes Sedai. Raised to the shawl. They were beyond happy for her. Alessia kept trying to keep her mind busy. Always wanting to venture out of the Tower. To see the world. There had been more whispers of shadows. This was starting to make her uneasy but did not want to show it. With each time she was spending time with Lillen alone, her heart grew fonder of the woman until she decided to avoid her altogether. Hoping the feelings would go away. Being at the top of her classes now seemed to have caught the attention of the other sisters in the Tower. Alessia, kept her head down and studied. She was sitting alone in the library alone when she heard footsteps and looked up. Seeing Jane smiling while coming up to her.
"Jane." Alessia spoke as she stood up to hug her friend and stepped back. "You've raised!" She gasped. Seeing the shawl on her friend's shoulders. She was no longer in a white dress but in a more colorful outfit.
"Sh!" Adeleas' voice came. Feeling her arm taken as she was led out of the library.
"When did it happen?" Alessia asked while smiling non stop at her friend.
"Just this morning." Jane spoke. That's why she didn't see her friend at all yesterday.
"Mother would be so proud of you, Jane." Alessia spoke.
"I miss her, you know." Jane spoke as Alessia nodded her head at this.
"Write to her. She would love to hear from you." Alessia smiled. Seeing Sheriam Sedai walk up to them.
"Ah, sister Jane. Glad of you to join our ranks. Daughter Alessia." Sheriam spoke while looking at Alessia. "You are to take the rest of the day off from classes and chores. You are to rest." Sheriam spoke as she walked away. Alessia raised a brow at this.
"I wonder why." Alessia spoke as she forgot her books in the library. "I forgot my books." Alessia spoke as she took her leave back to the library.
"I'll come with you." Jane spoke. Alessia smiled at her friend.
"How does it feel?" She asked while walking down the hallway again.
"Amazing. Now that I can finally do what we dreamed of doing." Jane spoke. Alessia nodded her head.
"I hate that I am still a Novice." Alessia spoke. In truth, she was wanting to become an Accepted so she could leave the Tower and do more things.
"You will. Do not worry." Jane.
"It's been five years since I came here, Jane Sedai." Alessia spoke while packing her bag. Putting it over her shoulder and smiled again.
"Come. Put your things up. I got something I want to teach you." Jane spoke. Alessia nodded her head and almost bounced out of the library to put her things up.

Setting her bag down as she took the pendant from her desk and placed it carefully into her bag. Her mind often found itself wandering. Hoping that Moiraine was alright. Hearing a knock on her door as she answered it. Seeing Lillen standing there with her hands behind her back and looking down to the side.
"Lillen Sedai." Alessia spoke as she gave the woman a bow.
"We haven't spoken about spiders in almost a month now." Lillen spoke as she looked into Alessia's eyes. Alessia nearly melted at this.
"I uh. Well. Sheriam Sedai gave me a day of rest." Alessia spoke. Seeing the older woman's eyes went wide at this.
"Come with me. I want to talk." Lillen spoke as she took Alessia's wrist.
"Lillen, I should uh. Be going." Alessia spoke. She was blushing and avoiding eye contact with the woman. Her heart was going to be the death of her.
"You have a rest day. Come." Lillen spoke again. Hearing footsteps as Jane came.
"Ah, Alessia! I was wondering what was taking so long." Jane spoke with a smile.
"She's coming with me for something, sister Jane." Lillen spoke calmly.
"I see. She has a lesson with me." Jane spoke.
"I'll come find you after." Alessia spoke while looking at Lillen who only nodded her head and took her leave. Alessia frowned at this.
"I wonder what for." Jane spoke as Lillen was now out of sight.
"We haven't had any talks about spiders in a while. She wanted to talk." Alessia spoke.
"Why haven't you?" Jane asked as they made their way down the hall to the opposite side in the Tower.
"Truth be told, I'm avoiding Lillen Sedai." Alessia spoke softly. She stopped walking when she bumped into her friend.
"Why are you avoiding her?" Jane asked. Alessia sighed a little.
"My feelings aren't exactly going away." Alessia spoke. She was looking down as she felt her arm linked again. Being led away from anyone who would listen in.
"What do you mean?" Jane asked as they were in an empty room. The door was closed as well. Alessia huffed a little before looking at her friend.
"They only grew. Each time I'm near her or by her, my heart won't shut up." Alessia spoke.
"Awe, my best friend is in love." Jane teased her. Alessia felt her cheeks burn as she hit her friend's arm.
"I'm serious! I am trying to stay away but every time I try to, I fail." Alessia spoke and sat on top of a table.
"I do not know what you see in that woman but I support you." Jane spoke as Alessia rolled her eyes at this with a smile.
"Thank you, Jane Sedai." Alessia spoke and it was Jane's turn to roll her eyes.
"Just Jane. It feels weird you calling me that." Jane spoke.
"Well, you are an Aes Sedai after all now." Alessia added. Seeing her friend nod her head at this.
"Come. I want to teach you something. Something that they do not teach the Novices." Jane spoke as she opened the door. Alessia was now excited at this.