Chapter 4: Reflections

The Wizard Tower was a large ornate building made of stone and stained glass. A dark seal over the double doors proved hard to open.

"That seal is a higher level than you can handle. If I can't get through, you won't either," said deep voice to their left. "Ah, let me introduce myself. Gale of Waterdeep. I'm something of a magic genius. So when I say I can't open something I mean it's near impossible. Perhaps we can work together and find a way in?"

"What are you doing here?" Shadow asked.

"Yes, I am a long way from Waterdeep. You see, I was on my way to Mother's house when suddenly the sigil I was traveling in through me out here. I've been trying to break this seal ever since," he gestured to the door. "I hard nut to crack."

"You can use magic?" Shadow asked.

"Yes, and I sense the lot of you can as well. Interesting, we should travel together," he said.

"Is he one of the others you mentioned?" Wyll whispered to Rayna.

She nodded to him.

"What about the vampire?" Wyll inquired.

"Yes, him too," Rayna said.

An explosion sent a shock wave to the group.

Rayna lead them to the Potion Shop. Several people were screaming and running around. There were zombie fish people and undead citizens attacking a few survivors.

"What the hells are they doing here?" Astarion said as he saw three of his siblings up on the balcony. They were watching and waiting with hunger.

Rayna shot an ice arrow at the nearest fish person. It froze the ground causing those around to slip.

Shadowheart sent a sacred flame at the undead zombies. They shrieked and burned away.

"Astarion, help us," cried Petras. The human dressed a lot like Astarion, even his blonde hair feathered out in a similar fashion.

"Cazador is gone. You are on your own," Astarion shouted.

The others stopped. The only undead left was the spawn standing up on the balcony.

"Don't be like that," Dalyria said. "Our master is only waiting. He is not gone."

"Oh, then why are we free to run a muck? I haven't felt his commands in days," Astarion said.

"I believe the lich has absorbed him, " said Leon. "This kind of Sapping spell requires much preparation and concentration."

"Why are you three here?" Rayna asked. "If you have anyone you care about that are not undead, you should get them out of the city." She said cryptically.

Leon winced at her words.

"Why do you think?" Petras glared at her.

"Surely you weren't going to feed on people?" Rayna asked.

"What's the harm? We don't need to kill them," Petras smiled.

"I've got a mote of sun here. What's the harm?" Rayna shot it at him. Petras evaded the mote.

"Very funny," he said and looked at Astarion. "You found a new master who's as silly as you, Astarion."

"She is not my master," Astarion hissed.

"Then join us back at the palace. We'll have a feast." He disappeared with Dalyria.

"Astarion, I'll keep an eye on them. You seem to be where you are needed. Good luck," Leon said and disappeared.