III: Fire and Sword 21-30

Chapter 21

  A ray of fiery red light filtered through the gap in the camp tent, and the chirping of birds in the early morning woke up the army stationed at the foot of Mount Lebanon. In the desert below the mountain, the two armies had been facing off for a day and two nights. Follow-up troops are gathering at the front line one after another. The decisive battle is today and is inevitable.

  Garcia turned over and got up from the cot. There was an unopened roll of parchment tied with a purple ribbon on the low table beside the bed. It had been there for two days. Garcia looked at the letter in trance. In the past two days, he sat by the bed several times, looking at the letter thoughtfully. He tried his best to guess what Sasan would say to him, but he never went. Untie the purple knot.

  He thought for a while, and suddenly the sound of horse hooves came from outside the camp.

  Like Sassanid, Garcia set up his army on the mountain. He was used to overlooking the situation in the entire war zone and taking in everything going on in his camp. The sound of horse hooves stopped before his army curtain.

  Garcia immediately packed her clothes. He hurriedly grabbed the letter, tied his cloak, and opened the curtain. The morning sun was right in front of him. The strong light made him close his eyes. The cavalry commander jumped off his horse and loudly told him that it was time to gather. . Garcia nodded, looked at the letter in his hand again, and threw the letter into the pot of charcoal fire that was about to go out next to the tent.

  "Let's go," he said.

  Any war must last a long time, be heavy in consumption, and cause many casualties. The two warring parties must be equally powerful countries, and those who lead the troops must be brave and invincible generals. The Battle of Tripoli has lasted from September 1149 to the present, which has been more than a year and three months. Garcia succeeded in getting Byzantium, Armenia, Edgar and Syria involved in the war. The war in the Eastern Holy Land was full of flames, and the war was like a war. A powerful winch brutally leveled Tripoli to the ground in just one year, setting it up as a battlefield for the decisive battle.

  Garcia believed that he was born to command such a great battle. When he rode his horse past thousands of soldiers arrayed on the blazing desert, he felt an unprecedented satisfaction deep in his heart.

  It seemed like he was born this way.

  He inspired his warriors in front of the army, he raised his sword high, he ordered the heavy cavalry to charge, and he directed the archers to shoot arrows. Here, everything is real and every word is sincere. No deception, no deception. Just courage, determination, and confidence. Everyone believed in him, followed him, and were loyal to him. Everyone is united, and this kind of excitement makes people crazy with joy.

  The armies of Jerusalem and Syria appeared where the desert met the sky. The blue and black armies were like the tide, like the dark clouds in the sky, stretching as far as the eye could see. The first wave of arrows rose into the sky, like overwhelming black flying insects. The powerful improved compound bow far exceeded the range of the crossbows used by the Eastern Expeditionary Army in the early years. Garcia was very proud.

  The archers retracted, the heavy cavalry were mounted on foot, and the heavy cavalry advanced hand in hand, which could destroy all the iron walls in the world. The light cavalry pounced, and the infantry charged. This battle has been described in Garcia's mind hundreds of times. He spent the whole night thinking about tactics and finally had the perfect formation today. Eight hours later, his front line had advanced two hundred feet south, rolling through tens of thousands of corpses, shattered armor, broken arrows, and bloody desert.