꧁ VIII ꧂

Cloud had successfully reached the control room with the dolphin's help. He received cheers and thumbs up from the others before entering the control room to get to work lowering the tanker.

On the shore below, Tifa, Lailah, Barret, Red, and Aerith watched the large ship being lowered into the water. Once it was sitting on the water's surface, they now had a way to reach Junon.

"Okay! Your ride's right here. The ship's not far, so you'll be there in no time!" Priscilla enthusiastically cheered, approaching the rowboat that was docked in the sand.

Barret scowled at the small wooden boat. "If we don't sink on the way..."

To make more room, Lailah transformed into a wolf pup and hopped into the rowboat. Tifa and Red followed her. When it was time for Barret to climb aboard, he was clearly hesitant and struggling to keep his balance as the boat shook.

Tifa had grabbed the sides of the boat out of fear of it tipping over. Lailah, who was sitting in the bottom of the boat, found herself rolling around. Red didn't seem fazed due to latching onto the bow of the rowboat. Aerith steadied the boat at seeing how it was swaying from side to side.

Once the boat stopped swaying and Barret was seated, Aerith climbed on and sat behind Tifa. Lailah managed to get to her feet and hopped up onto Red's back. She made her way to stand on his head. Making eye contact with the dolphin when he broke through the water's surface, she yipped. In the dolphin's mouth was a rope. It was attached to the bow of the rowboat.

Looking back to the shore, Aerith expressed her gratitude. "You've been a huge help, Priscilla!"

"No prob," Priscilla smiled. "Well, guys and girls! And, uh...dogs! I'll see ya later!"

Gripping the rope, the dolphin dove into the water and used it to pull the rowboat toward the tanker. The small boat lurched, startling Barret. He grabbed the side as the boat started to move.

"Have fun!" Priscilla yelled, waving her hands in the air.

With the dolphin's help, they reached the tanker and used a ladder located on the side of the grand ship to climb aboard. They managed to find their way to the main deck, where they were able to see Cloud in the control room.

Barret shouted to the blonde. "Hey! Merc! We're good to go down here!"

Having heard the brute, Cloud pulled on the lever and raised the tanker.

As the ship moved upward, Lailah hopped off Red's head and ran across the deck. She jumped onto the thin railing and walked along it until she caught a glimpse of Cloud in the control room. Before she knew it, she was picked up by Aerith.

"Cloud!" Aerith called out to the boy. She held Lailah against her chest, one hand cupped around her belly while the other one held her paw. She giggled as she waved the pup's paw at him. "Meet you at the top!"

Being cradled in Aerith's grasp, the wolf pup didn't move. She remained in her caring hold until the tanker reached the top of the lift. She moved from the girl's arms to her shoulder. Pressing her small form against her neck, she looked around as they left the main deck.

While waiting for Cloud to rendezvous with them, her ears twitched when she heard a strange cackle. Her eyes darted around, but she couldn't locate who was laughing. As quickly as the laughter appeared, it vanished. She felt a strange chill creep down her spine from the distorted laughter, but she dismissed the feeling once it disappeared.

"Ah, there you are," Aerith said, spotting the ex-SOLDIER.

"Let's move," Cloud stated.

The party made their way through the ship until they reached the exterior. Stepping outside, they found themselves at the loading dock. There were Shinra troopers scattered around the area.