DISCLOSE OPPORTUNITY

The anticipation in the air was palpable as Sunghoon returned to the arena for the announcement of the winners. With each step, he felt the weight of expectation pressing down upon him, the echo of applause still ringing in his ears. As the third and second runners-up were declared, Sunghoon remained impassive, his gaze fixed ahead.

Then, finally, it was time for the champion to be announced. "Park Sunghoon!Congratulations!" exclaimed the speaker, the words washing over him like a distant echo. Without a hint of emotion, Sunghoon made his way to the center of the ice rink, where his coach and mother stood, clapping and cheering in jubilation.

As he was presented with the trophy, medal, and bouquet, Sunghoon stood alone on the ice, a solitary figure amidst a sea of applause. With a silent bow to the audience, he skated gracefully, acknowledging their support as plushies rained down upon the ice.

With the program drawing to a close, Sunghoon returned to his coach, who greeted him with praise and admiration. "Sunghoon! Congratulations! You never fail to impress me," his coach exclaimed proudly.

"I told you, you'd win again!" his mother chimed in, her smile beaming with pride. But as they celebrated, his coach hesitated before delivering unexpected news.

"Oh, actually, while you were skating for the closing, another coach approached me. He's one of the wealthiest coaches here, from Japan, and he offered you an opportunity to compete there. Free flight, accommodation, and more," his coach revealed, excitement tinged in his voice.

Sunghoon's reaction was swift. "No thanks, I'll stay here," he responded curtly, his tone final.

His mother's expression fell in disappointment. "What?! But that's a fantastic opportunity!" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with frustration.

Sunghoon rolled his eyes, unfazed by their insistence. "No," he reiterated, grabbing his bag and making his way out of the building.

Left behind, his mother apologized to his coach, her hopes deflated. "I'm so sorry he acts like that," she lamented.

His coach reassured her with a knowing smile. "No problem, I'm used to it. But I'll try to convince him," he vowed.

Rushing to catch up with Sunghoon at the car, his mother sighed, observing him lost in his phone. "How will you ever get married if you keep acting like this?" she mused to herself, before starting the car and driving off.

"When will you learn to drive?" she asked, attempting to engage him.

"Not interested. Maybe if I retire from skating or something," Sunghoon replied nonchalantly, his eyes still fixed on his phone, as they vanished into the night.