9

Naruto was jogging towards the abandoned church with Issei tagging along.

They were supposed to be flying through the trees...but his tag along lost his lunch after a while so they had to go on foot.

Naruto was actually regretting bringing the teenaged boy in the first place a little. Not a lot...but a little.

When Naruto decided to take Issei for the ride, he was admittedly placing himself into his shoes.

What would he do if a friend was in danger? What would he do if he failed to protect that friend prior? How much would he hate the bastard that tried to stop him? Even if it was too dangerous for him?

Those questions, plus the fact that Naruto was sure that he could protect the guy and reveal to him just how dangerous the supernatural world actually was. This would be a perfect field test for the perverted boy...to show him the reality of what becoming a devil could mean.

The danger and the enemies he would face. All while being protected by a badass such as himself.

So yeah, it was probably better for Naruto to leave him home. But he figured it wouldn't be so bad since those fallen couldn't really beat his clone. Now they were facing the real deal!

He just wished they weren't moving so slow.

"Come on Issei! Surely you've got more stamina than this? Get your rear in gear!" Naruto shouted back at his thoroughly exhausted partner.

"Damn it...not everyone...is a...stamina freak like you!" Issei shouted back, thoroughly exhausted. Seriously, was this guy even human? He claimed he was...but humans don't go jumping from tree branch to tree branch like a damn monkey!

Naruto rolled his eyes at the perverted teen before facing ahead towards the direction of the abandoned church. He felt the energy signals...

Light energy. A lot of light energy.

This will probably be more troublesome than he expected.

Damn, he could see why Shikamaru liked that phrase now.

Naruto stopped suddenly, Issei who wasn't paying attention just crashed into him before looking at Naruto in confusion. "Naruto? What's up?" Issei asked with confusion. Naruto didn't say anything for a moment before finally responding.

"Issei, this will be your first glimpse into a supernatural battle. Sooner or later the fallen will probably try and make a barrier or something. That way other factions won't sense their large numbers..." the blond said seriously, much to Issei's consternation. A battle? Would it really come to that?

"You have nothing to worry about, but you should probably go and hide if you see the sky turn into a creepy purplish color, ya can't miss it. That would probably be the barrier. Just stay hidden until I grab you alright Issei?" Naruto said while glancing towards the brown-haired boy.

But before Issei could say anything, his worst fear was realized when the sky seemed to have been blanketed by a purplish aura that distorted it. It was something...inhuman.

Supernatural.

Issei was staring at it like a deer would stare at an oncoming car before he felt Naruto's hand touch his shoulder. He looked up to stare at intense blue eyes.

"Issei...you want to live?"

Issei gulped.

"Ye-yeah?"

"Then MOVE!"

Issei nodded frantically and ran towards a nearby foilage, he couldn't help but curse at his weakness again. Once more he was nothing but a liability...