34 part 2

Buildings blurred past Naruto's eyesight as he took a second to glance outside. Wishing to see how much time he had.

Beyond the blurred buildings, he saw the orange sky that was giving way to blue due to the falling sun just over the horizen.

It was sunset then.

Ok, he still had time.

The young shinobi was well on his way to the airport after taking the chance to use another train, enjoying the smooth travel that he was deprived of last time. Hopefully he'd reach the airport that the Church agent was gonna land in before they arrived.

Really though, this transportation was a luxury, it was mostly meant to buy himself some spare time to just let himself relax before he faced the agent in the future.

...Well actually, that wasn't the only reason he decided to take the train.

It was also a convenient place to begin practicing some fuinjutsu on the way there, letting himself fall into the rhythm of smoothly writing kanji onto pieces of paper for badass effects.

And recently he became convinced that he had to learn more, as the abilities he could get from that knowledge had become far more critical than before.

...Yes...ever since...

His hand unintentionally fell onto his stomach, narrowing his eyes in response.

Yeah...this had become more important.

Naruto turned his head to the side, glancing at the henged clone by his side, who was currently busy working on fuinjutsu as well. Though it was focused on more combat-related things.

He's been recently neglecting his fuinjutsu training anyways, mostly because he was re-focusing on his more wind-based abilities.

But now it had to become his main priority, the welfare of his allies depended on it.

Sleep could come later, this was for now.

Sure, he'd be a little late to get back to Kuoh Town, but it wasn't like there was any kind of existential emergency back home, right?

As long as they stayed united, everything would work out.

At least that was the blond's belief.

Though if he did have a single worry that he attributed to his comrades back home...well...it would probably have to rest with the knight of the Gremory group; Kiba Yuuto.

Whether anyone else saw it or not, the shinobi couldn't help but be slightly...off-put by his shift in behavior.

Why did that happen though? Where the hell did it come from?

He had no clue, but he hoped that the guy wouldn't do anything rash...

It was by that point that the young man blew out some air in frustration, suddenly wishing that Rias and Akeno weren't so spot on in predicting that he'd lose his phone.

Damn them.

He wanted to stew a little more, but Naruto broke from his irritated state of mind and shook his head rapidly, trying to get himself to re-focus.

Worrying about others when he had his own battle to fight wouldn't do anyone any good. He would deal with this, get a few hours of rest, and then rush back.

Just in case.

So with that plan in mind, he tilted his head down and restarted his fuinjutsu training.

This wouldn't be wasted time on his watch.

Wet gasps echoed across the the hidden grove, with the sound of crunching leaves interlacing interchangeably, as if they were one and the same.