Murtasim Khan ki Parchayee

It is a glimpse into the lives of the Khan children and Meerasim. Little snapshots in time..

For reference, the epilogue is linked below.
https://t.co/CguFEETU8I

Murtasim- Meerab's family

Muntasir Waqas Khan - (M) 24
Mehr Khan and Maham Khan ( F) ( Twins) 22
Meraj Khan (M) 18
Mehrab Khan ( M) 16
Maaz Khan  ( M) 15
Meesam Khan ( F) 12

Mariyam- Zaroon Ali
Usman Ali 22 years ( M)
Zoya Ali 18 years  ( F)
Rizwan Ali 12 years ( M)

Murtasim Khan Ki Parchayee

It is a lie forever told that all children are equal but truth to be told, there's nothing that compares to the joy that a first born child brings to a family. The second and the third are all loved but it's the first born that gives parents the first feel of parenthood, makes a woman a mother and a man a father.

It was no different in Muntasir Khan's case. His arrival was the shining bright beacon of Hope after tumultuous storms in her parents' lives. They had only just began to settle down when his arrival was imminent.

Murtasim Khan was an upcoming business tycoon, prophesied to put Pakistan on global map.  It meant certain obligations. And usually Meerab was all to happy to comply. But now, Meerab was absolutely miserable. It was August and Hyderabad  was in the middle of a heat wave.She was heavily pregnant and  was pulling herself and her protruding stomach up the stairs of her mansion. Bakhtu had just spent two minutes helping her maneuver herself out of the car. She was not happy about either situation at all.

Mai pulled open the heavy front door and stared down at her employer.

"Meerab bibi, Khan sahab ko accha nahin laga ke aap bahar gaye the"

Meerab took a deep breath as she reached the top step. "I'm pregnant not an invalid.Yeh baat unhe samjhaye kaun"

She turned to Bakhtu. "Thank you so much." She patted the arm of the trusted employee . " Khan and I will be leaving here at seven-thirty sharp."

Bakhtu gave her a curt nod. "Ji Khanum"

He glanced at Mai who nodded once to let him know she'd take it from there. He went back down the steps all too happy to leave the very hormonal Mrs.Khan behind.

Mai held the door wide as Meerab  stepped across the threshold. She rubbed her lower back.She was forty-one weeks and two days pregnant; nine whole days past her due date.

Mai patted her arm sympathetically "Jab chotte Khan ko aana hoga woh aa jayenge. He will come when he is ready ."

"Well I'm ready now. I can't handle much more of this." Meerab said softly. She was waddling through the foyer and down the hall towards the kitchen. "I'm huge. My feet are twice their normal size. My back is  killing me and I look like a beached whale. Not to mention that I'm dying of heat exhaustion."

"Well I think you have never looked more beautiful."

Murtasim had stepped out of his office just in time to hear his wife's tirade. Meerab  stopped at the entrance to the kitchen turning to face her husband. Her eyes searched his face but he looked so sincerely awestruck by her that she blushed.

He made his way down the hall stopping in front of her placing his hands on either side of her huge stomach. "You have never looked more beautiful than you do right now carrying my son and that is the absolute truth." He leaned forward placing a soft kiss against her lips.