The One where the Khans Can't stay Away

It is a glimpse into the lives of the Khan children and Meerasim. Little snapshots in time..

For reference, the epilogue is linked below.
https://t.co/CguFEETU8I

Murtasim- Meerab's family

Muntasir Waqas Khan - (M) 24
Mehr Khan and Maham Khan ( F) ( Twins) 22
Meraj Khan (M) 18
Mehrab Khan ( M) 16
Maaz Khan  ( M) 15
Meesam Khan ( F) 12

Mariyam- Zaroon Ali
Usman Ali 22 years ( M)
Zoya Ali 18 years  ( F)
Rizwan Ali 12 years ( M)

......................................................................................

The One where the Khans Can't Stay Away

Muntasir Khan was a very pampered child for the first two years of his love when he was the one and only. After that his Mumma seemed to be rotating babies all the time. When Mumma started expanding like a whale first, they said he will get a sister. He was advised to be excited. He will get a playmate. That was a lie.

First of all, Mumma left him for almost three days to go have the baby and then came back with not one but two baby girls. They all oohed and aaahed over them; like somehow he wasn't cute enough anymore. Then four years later, here they were again. Meraj was born and everyone is busy with the baby.
At six  years, dressed in his light blue dino pyjamas and clutching his favorite dinosaur, he was frowning at the scene in front of him.

Mumma, his Mumma, was putting the baby to sleep. The twins were  already asleep in the baby room . It had been a trying six months; the baby cried so much that his mother was exhausted and Muntasir didn't want to add to her trouble. But he missed his Mumma. Now that the baby had finally started to sleep through the night, Mumma usually cuddled him to sleep again.

So he waited patiently for the little brat to fall asleep. The door creaked open then and his Baba came to stand beside him.

" Is he  asleep?" He asked Meerab, who pressed a finger on her lips and nodded. Murtasim sighed and looked down at the little figure at his feet.

" Muntasir, tum yaha Kya kar rahe ho?" He asked to his son.

Muntasir sighed " I am waiting my turn"

Murtasim suddenly felt that his carefully made plans to spend quality time with his wife was at risk. It had been a tough few months. Babies  weren't easy and Meerab had insisted on breastfeeding. She had three more children and her writing to take care of. She was exhausted all the time and so Murtasim had been very understanding and curtailed his urges as much as he could. But he wanted his patience rewarded now as the baby had weaned off and started sleeping through the night.

So he decided to take immediate action. He kneeled down at his son's level and smiled. " Why don't I read you your bedtime story while Mumma puts Meraj to sleep?"

Muntasir scowled " Nahin. You always do this Babajaan"

" What?"

" Take me away from Mumma" he informed his father gravely. Meerab came to stand in front of them, having put Meraj to sleep. Muntasir rushed to her and wrapped his arms around her knees.

" Mujhe Mumma ke pass sona hai" he said in a quivering voice that Murtasim knew would melt his wife. So before she could answer, he wanted to remind her of their plans and his urges that needed urgent attention.

"Mujhe bhi" Murtasim said loudly as Meerab opened her mouth. Her eyes instantly met his, and a beautiful pink blush stained her cheeks. As always, she mesmerized him and he wanted to be alone with her; desperately.