The Saga of the Red Saree

It is a glimpse into the lives of the Khan children and Meerasim. Little snapshots in time..

For reference, the epilogue is linked below.
https://t.co/CguFEETU8I

Murtasim- Meerab Khan

Muntasir Waqas Khan - (M) 24
Mehr Khan and Maham Khan ( F) ( Twins) 22
Meraj Khan (M) 18
Mehrab Khan ( M) 16
Maaz Khan ( M) 15
Meesam Khan ( F) 12

Mariyam- Zaroon Ali
Usman Ali 22 years ( M)
Zoya Ali 18 years ( F)
Rizwan Ali 12 years ( M)

Khurram Ali- Hannah Burt
Imaad Alexander Ali 22 years  ( M)

.....................................................................

The Saga of the Red Saree

Warning: Contains smut

Mehr and Maham might have shared the womb but they didn't share their interests. This is why every year the Khans had two birthdays for the twins. For Mehr they had a quiet family dinner when they listened to her newest writings. For Maham, her birthdays were lavish parties. Much like her grandmother, Maham liked to celebrate in style. Her birthdays had themes, dress codes and everyone was invited. This year it was grander because Maham and Muntasir were going back to the States just five days after the party.

This year, her theme was Hot and Cold. And the guests had to dress accordingly.

" Hum jaise aam logo ke liye iska matlab hai ke red ya phir white pehnke jana parega" Maaz explained to his bhabi who was laughed.

She couldn't find anything worthwhile so she decided to ask her Meerab phuppo for a sari. Who opened her big long closet of saris and told her sweetly " jo bhi tumhe pasand ho, le lo, Seher"

After scouring through the closet, she found three that she thought would fit. She was debating the options when her eyes fell on an elegant red sari. It was perfect and Seher turned excitedly to her Phuppo.

" I really like this one. I think I have a matching blouse. Main yeh pehen loon?"
Meerab had nodded, of course. Seher had left happily with the sari, not paying much heed to Meerab's blushing face. But then she wasn't aware of the red sari saga.

The saga of the red sari began in the second year of marriage of Murtasim and Meerab. it was one wintry morning that Murtasim  was in London for work, away from his beautiful wife and his infant son. It usually happened with Mr. Khan that when he missed his wife, he went shopping for her. it was almost therapeutic for him to imagine different outfits on her when he was away from her . And on such a shopping trip, he saw this beautiful red Chantilly lace sari in Alperton, London and decided to buy the obscenely expensive sari.

It was lovingly received by Mrs. Khan even though she knew that she would probably never wear it. Meerab always was dressed elegantly but conservatively.  Therefore, the red sari was very lovingly folded and kept in a corner of her closet. It would probably never have been worn as well, but, a lot of factors contributed to Khaani finally bringing it out.

It was June. The summer holidays were here and this time the entire Khan family was in London. Muntasir and his twin sisters were enjoying the walks in Hyde Park, feeding the ducks and various entertainment that  summer in London entailed. Ma Begum had also come along with  Mariyam and Zaroon. Meerab and Murtasim, therefore, spent a lot of time together since they had three available babysitters.

It was a week of long walks; with Murtasim taking Meerab to his favorite places including the little alcove in the St. Lodge's garden where he had gotten the call about her impending wedding. It was a second honeymoon of sorts for them but only romantically. Physical intimacy was out of bounds as Meerab had had her period the day they landed in London.