Prologue

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

In the suffocating embrace of darkness, where the walls whispered forgotten secrets and shadows slithered with malevolent intent, two figures stood locked in a deadly confrontation.

The room was a cruel parody of tranquility, the weak light from a single, flickering bulb barely piercing the oppressive gloom. The tension was a living thing, coiling tighter with every passing second, as though the very air was charged with the electric anticipation of violence.

The first figure, trembling and broken, was a stark contrast to the implacable darkness surrounding him. His face was a canvas of agony, streaked with blood and dirt, a testament to the brutal torment he had endured.

Tears, mingled with grime and despair, carved silent tracks down his battered cheeks. His voice, ragged and hoarse, barely rose above a whisper, each word a desperate plea for mercy.

"Why are you doing this to me?" he begged, his voice cracking under the weight of his fear, his eyes wide and pleading, searching desperately for even a hint of compassion in the cold, unyielding gaze of his tormentor.

But the second figure, an embodiment of relentless darkness, remained untouched by his pleas. His eyes, devoid of warmth, were as unfeeling and as sharp as the cold steel of the chains binding his victim.

The dim light only served to accentuate the cruel contours of his face, casting deep shadows that seemed to amplify his menacing presence.

His aura was a vortex of menace, a darkness that seemed to choke the very breath from the room.

"You're not a good man," he said, his voice a chilling whisper that cut through the silence with surgical precision. "You inflicted unspeakable harm on the only person I've ever loved. For that alone, you don't deserve the luxury of breathing the same air as the rest of us."

A visceral shudder wracked through the first figure, his guilt a crushing weight that dragged him deeper into a chasm of remorse. Each breath was a struggle against the oppressive realization of his sins, his mind a chaotic storm of regret and self-loathing.

"Doesn't that make you just as culpable?" he challenged, his voice quivering with a mix of defiance and desperation. His eyes locked onto his captor's with a raw intensity, seeking any sign of hesitation, any crack in the façade of unyielding cruelty.

But the second figure's resolve was as cold and unbreakable as the iron chains that bound his prey. His darkness was a relentless force, a driving storm that propelled him forward with a single, inexorable purpose.

He reached into his coat with deliberate, almost ritualistic movements, retrieving a gun that glinted menacingly in the dim light. The weapon was more than just an instrument of death; it was an extension of his unrelenting malice, a dark promise of finality.

With a predatory calm, he leveled the gun at the first figure's head, his finger poised over the trigger with a precision that spoke of countless rehearsed moments.

The air crackled with the weight of impending doom, each second stretching into an eternity as the predator's gaze remained fixed, unflinching, on his prey.

In the heart-stopping silence that followed, where time seemed to hold its breath, he squeezed the trigger. The gunshot erupted with a deafening roar, a brutal crescendo that shattered the stillness and sent a shockwave of violence through the room.

Smoke billowed, thick and acrid, mingling with the heavy scent of gunpowder and the iron tang of blood. The first figure's body slumped to the floor, his eyes now vacant, staring into the void with a haunting emptiness.

The world seemed to pause in the aftermath, the oppressive weight of the gunshot hanging like a malevolent cloud. The predator, unfazed by the carnage, spoke with a voice that dripped with malevolence, each word a cold caress of cruelty.

"People like you don't deserve to live," he murmured, his tone a sinister melody that reverberated with dark satisfaction. "That's your crime. I merely ensure that the world is cleansed of scum like you."

The echoes of his words lingered in the air, a chilling requiem to his unrepentant darkness. As he turned to leave, his movements were smooth and deliberate, each step a chilling counterpoint to the chaos he had wrought.

He whistled a haunting, discordant tune, a twisted melody that seemed to mock the very notion of redemption.

The room, now suffused with the stench of death and the oppressive silence of horror, bore silent witness to the depths of his depravity.

His shadow, long and foreboding, stretched across the room like a dark omen, a grim reminder of the darkness that resided within him...a darkness that had just claimed another soul.

-------˖⁺. ༶ ❤︎ ⋆˙⊹ 𐦍 ˖⁺. ༶ ❤︎ ⋆˙⊹-------

🥀