Chapter Seven

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───
Chapter 7; You Are Safe
─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

After the driver parked the car in the basement of his penthouse, Digvijay lifted Mehar into his arms, her body limp with unconsciousness, and carried her towards the private elevator that ascended silently to his secluded domain

Once inside the penthouse, he locked the door with a click, shutting out the world beyond his fortress-like walls.

Moving with grace, he crossed the spacious living area, each step echoing in the dimly lit silence until he reached the sanctuary of his bedroom.

Gently laying her on the bed, he carefully removed her sandals, his touch lingering possessively as he rubbed her feet. He glanced at her face, then playfully tickled her feet with his fingers, causing her to jerk them. He let out a small, amused giggle at her reaction.

Spotting a small bruise forming on her left foot, he caressed it gently and pressed his cheek against it, murmuring a soft apology...an intimate ritual that bespoke his ownership of her.

He looked towards Mehar's face, serene in the embrace of slumber, it stirred a tumultuous mix of emotions within Digvijay.

He went and sat beside her, captivated by the delicate lines of her features and the innocence that seemed to radiate from her every pore. His heart swelled with a dark, obsessive love, a hunger that consumed him completely.

Tracing the curve of her lips with trembling fingertips, he whispered with a smile, his voice a husky murmur that reverberated in the hushed room, "You're finally here, Mehar. In my domain, on my bed, where you belong...where you've always belonged."

He gently took her hand in his, marvelling at its softness, the slender fingers entwined with his own in a silent pledge of possession. "Meri pyaari Mehar," he murmured his eyes gentle and his voice a blend of adoration and care that bordered on reverence.

Running his fingers through her silky hair, he sighed deeply, the strands slipping like liquid midnight through his grasp. "So smooth, so lustrous."

He leaned closer, his breath a warm whisper against her ear, "I ache to bury myself in the silkiness of your hair Mehar, to claim every inch of you as mine, and to make you surrender utterly and completely."

He closed his eyes and hurried his face in her hair feeling the softness of her hair but the memory of her surrounded by those brutal goons flooded his mind, igniting a fierce protectiveness that burned like a wildfire within him.

He sat upright, his posture stiffening as he noticed the bruises on her arm...stark reminders of their brutal disregard for her innocence.

"How dare they lay hands on you," he seethed under his breath, his jaw clenched with restrained fury. "How dare they hurt you, taint your perfection, tarnish what is rightfully mine."