7. feeling guilty?

This is a Holi edition chapter, I have written upcoming chapter but added this as Holi is coming, hope you don't mind.

Tanu's pov

The narrow lanes of udaipur had awoken to explosion of colours. Swirls in pink, yellow, green and red hung in the air like rainbow, settling soft on the enjoy of faces of everyone around.

Everyone is house gathered together to play holi except veer. The laughter and shouts filled the mansion, punctuated by splash of water as children and adults alike revealed in playing chaos holi.

A big part of our garden is reserved for town's people to play holi. From the beginning of today's morning everyone cheerful voice reached our ears.

We were standing on the roof looking at them,"Everyone's looks very happy" I said to aunty as my eyes glued on small childs

"Yes beta, every year they come along with their friends and family to play holi, this bring us happiness seeing our people happy"

"You know aunty, I love holi, I played it with my mother and friends in my hometown, it has a special place in my heart" my memories started to strikes my mind.

"do you miss you mom?"

"who doesn't aunty, my happiness, my laughter, my everything got lost with her, she was very important to me. I have never gotten any father figure my entire life, my mother raised me all by herself, being a single parent was difficult for her I know it but she won't talk to me about it, she made me strong, made me capable of facing this world, I miss her more than anything" I don't know when I started crying.

Her eyes glued on my face, after an instant she hugged me tightly and said, "stop crying beta, don't worry you have a maa now, I'm very lucky to have you in my family tanu"

"No aunty, I'm lucky to have you all in my life, I don't what would happened if mahi didn't bring me here"

"Don't say that, everybody's love you and you are part of our family, we love you as our own daughter.
We broke the hug . "now wipe your tears beta and enjoy rest of the day smiling"

I am starting to see my mother's figure in aunty. I smiled at her and started looking toward the children.

"Oh aunty, look at this boy, how he is running towards his friends to put colour..." I said pointing my hand towards a boy and started laughing.

We stand there for few more minutes, when aunty announced, "We will do the Pooja first then everyone can play holi"

"This pooja takes place every year and the upcoming future king will perform all the rituals" mahi tells me the information. My gaze focused on door waiting for him to enter the room.

"It's already late, go mahi and tell veer to come downstairs immediately" dadi said to mahi while looking at the decoration.

"I'm preparing aarti tanu, you go and please call veer bhaiya"