Undesirables

Olive was good at multitasking.

She was currently having a philosophical moment, thinking about death. Would it hurt? Or would it be instant? What will the Underworld be like? Will she get to see Fabian Grey? Marie?

Annabeth and Luke would be so mad if she died. They would probably find a way to resurrect her just to kill her themselves.

Her sword was lost. It had slipped from her hand when Percy had flung them off the monument a few seconds earlier. It was probably lost at the bottom of the river.

Oh, and she was currently cursing the boy who threw them to their death.

"FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK YOU, PERCY!"

Olive was facing the sky, hair falling loose from its braid and flying everywhere. Her back was to the ground, but the blonde quickly flipped them over so he would be the one to hit the surface first. The redhead clung on to him tighter.

The river raced toward them at the speed of a truck. Wind ripped the breath from her lungs. Steeples and skyscrapers and bridges tumbled in and out of her vision. Olive closed her eyes, preparing for death. Hopefully it would be quick, not too painful.

Then they hit the water, there was a whiteout of bubbles. They sank through the murk, Olive held her breath.

The impact with the water hadn't hurt, but that was most likely due to the boy below her. They were falling slowly now, bubbles trickling up through her fingers. They settled on the river bottom soundlessly.

At that point, Olive realized a few things: first, they had not been flattened like pancakes. Second, Percy seemed healthy, like he didn't have any poison in his body. Third, he seemed to be breathing underwater. Fourth, they were both perfectly dry, which probably had to do with the fact that she was clinging to the son of Poseidon.

Knowing she could only hold her breath for so long, she shook the blonde holding on to her. He seemed confused at first but his eyes widened once he realized she was starting to turn blue and he quickly let her go. Olive started to swim to the surface, but it was a long way up. Unfortunately, she has always been a weak swimmer, and the need for oxygen was becoming serious.

Then she felt Percy push at her feet, and suddenly, the water was rushing her up to the surface.

Olive let out a loud gasp, taking in as much air as possible. Her lungs felt as if they were about to explode, it took many deep breaths for her breathing to return to normal. Her clothes and hair now wet.

She stayed there floating for a few minutes, calming herself. She tried not to think about the fact that the river was polluted, or about the animals that could be living in the water.

Percy swam up next to her not long after, still dry. The redhead did the first thing that came to mind.

Olive hugged him, it took a second before he returned the hug, squeezing her lightly. A moment later, she separated herself from the boy and hit his arm, hard.

"What the fuck, Olive!"

"That's for always doing stupid shit!"

"Well I'm sorry for saving our lives!"

Olive huffed. "We just fell six hundred and thirty feet—"

"How do you even know—"

"—Then you almost drown me! I hardly count that as saving my life."