02- First glance

Through the long, stained glass windows, moonlight filtered into the empty halls, casting an eerie darkness. Eliana's and the servants' footsteps echoed through the halls.

Eliana had an idea about the identity of the mysterious man, her excitement rose as she anticipated their private meeting.

"In there, my lady," the servant girl respectfully gestured, bowing slightly. Eliana nodded in acknowledgment before entering the room. As her gaze swept the space, it immediately fixed upon the figure near the balcony. Tall and imposing, with an air of confidence— unmistakably Feyd-Rautha.

"Lovely to personally meet you, Feyd-Rautha," Eliana initiated, her interest obvious in her voice.

Turning to face her, Feyd-Rautha responded, "The pleasure is all mine, Lady Eliana." He studied her with a smirk, gradually closing the distance between them. "Your confidence and bravery have proven quite alluring and intriguing. You've surprised everyone in the room back there." Having the meeting in mind that happened not long ago.

Eliana arched a brow, intrigued. "Surprising? How so?"

A chuckle escaped Feyd-Rautha's lips. "Many perceive you as weak and naive because of your Atreides lineage." "But they underestimate me. One can never judge a person until they've met them." She spoke confidently yet calmly.

His smirk deepened, a newfound admiration brewing within him. "Care to join me for dinner? An opportunity to get to know ourselves better," he proposed, hoping she'd accept.

After a brief pause, Eliana nodded. "I see no reason why not."

Feyd-Rautha's smile widened. "Shall we say tomorrow evening?"

She affirmed with a nod. "Tomorrow it is, future husband," she teased lightly, turning away to leave the room.

Though aware of their impending political union, Feyd-Rautha couldn't deny the thrill her words elicited. As Eliana departed, he watched, his anticipation for tomorrow's meeting mounting.

Tomorrow couldn't come soon enough. He yearned to see her once more.

------ Authors notes ------

This chapter is a little short, so I do apologise about that.

I have created a tiktok account on where I'll sometimes post edits/posts about my fanfics. It's h4rkonnen. Go follow if you want to.

I'm also thinking about making a Chani fanfic but I'm not sure. I would love to hear your opinions :)