Oh Cupcakes!

Megan came in drenched. Looking out the window I can tell it's not because of rain. " Umm, hard class?" She nodded heading for the shower. Well someone pissed off Mrs. Low in their class. I'm glad I got ready earlier. She'll probably be in there for a bit. Ooo this would be a good day to bring her anyway. I can buy her some cupcakes, and tell her to search the store across the street again!

I walk into my room to double-check I'm not forgetting anything. I grab my small purse shaped like a bat. Wallet: check hair ties, phone charger, and tazer. I look myself over in the mirror. I wore nothing special because if they do have me bake something I'm going to get messy. Black long-sleeved and black pants. I made sure to tie my hair back in a braid. From what I saw the other day they dress like bakers. They had some flour in random spots about them. That doesn't mean that they didn't just magic them up and then throw around some flour.

I heard the click of the shower being turned off. I walked back to the living room. Megan soon walked in wearing a baggy white t-shirt and joggers. She looked tired. I had to bring her to the store but she looks beat. No, as much as I want to ditch that plan our memories are on the line. She would help me in a heartbeat. I have to do the same for her. She was there for me and now it's my turn. " Hey let's hit that Halloween store on MayWalk Ave! I hear they have tons of costumes, maybe they'll have it!" She shouted from the other room.

I could tell she was putting her shoes on from where her voice came from. Okay, today's the day I tell her if we don't find it I'll go as something else. We can't go out every day searching for this costume. It was draining my social battery. I do wanna go out and spend time with people, but I also like to be alone. I only took the job because I felt like a loser. All I had was Megan. Sure I had my parents, but they were traveling the world learning medicines and curing diseases. I was in their big empty house. Megan deserves to be happy and meet other people, instead of having to spend all her time with me.

I walked out to see her staring intently at her phone. " Okay, so we just need to find you one now. Then we can match! Oh, what do you wanna do today? Walk, Uber, or bus. I prefer Uber, but I'm fine with the bus." She was about to start buzzing off the walls. Pulling out my phone I requested an Uber. She was bouncing out the door before I could get my sneakers on. I swear sometimes I think she puts caffeine pills in her Red Bull. " Come on, snail!"  She yelled from the end of the driveway.

"Give me a second I have to lock the door you toddler" I shouted back. I could hear her laughing as she slowly walked to the start of the sidewalk. After Clicking the lock in place I jogged up next to her. Then I remembered this afternoon. I don't wanna rain on her parade." Hey, I don't wanna ruin the good vibe you got going on but he stopped by." A look of annoyance crossed her face. She took a deep breath and shook her head.

When she spoke she kept her eyes on the street corner up ahead "He just doesn't know when to stop. I've told him multiple times it's over. Told him I was only texting that one guy for a class project." She was silent for a second "What did he say this time? Was he vile and disgraceful this time, or possibly the nice guy act?" Erickson was a piece of work. He got in due to his daddy's money. Fun fact everyone knows it too! She wasn't going to like what I was about to tell her. " He said you lived at the house. He wanted to talk to you. So I called him a stalker. I know, I know  I poked the bear. He started to be friendly then he was a jackass." Then Eros came and saved the day except I can't tell her that. We had 5 more minutes till the Uber came. She probably won't ask anything else.

"He never gives up easily. What did you say to make him leave?" Shit! Ummm ummm " The mailman came by and heard him yelling. You know Terry is such a sweetheart. He was livid to see him yelling at me." She nodded along like she could picture it. Good. Now I'll need to get the mail for the next couple of days till she forgets about it. We stood at the corner for a minute till the Uber came. I watched Megan for a minute after we got in. She didn't seem to be bothered about Erickson. She still seemed in a good mood. I looked at my phone to see my idea board for the store.