The countdown begins

Sabar ,Arjun and the baby were resting. Suddenly their sleep was disturbed with a knock on the door. Arjun got up slowly and got down from the bed and went to open the door. It was really late at night,10.30, who could it be? He opened the door to see a nurse at the door.
Arjun spoke rubbing his eyes trying to get the sleep out of his eyes,
"Yes ?"
The nurse tried to peep inside the room but her view was blocked by Arjun's huge self. She then awkwardly looked at Arjun and spoke,
"Umm, actually I needed Mrs Raichand to come with me".
Arjun's eyebrows raised ,he turned back to look at a confused Sabar . He turned back to look at the nurse and said,
"Why? That too so late. And I haven't seen you before. You weren't there yesterday nor today morning".
The nurse looked startled for a second but quickly collected herself and replied,
"I...er..I am Malti, I am a night shift nurse, perhaps that is why you haven't seen me Mr.Raichand . Actually, I was sent to help Mrs. Raichand. The doctor informed me that she was having discomfort with her stitches and needed help with learning the aftercare post partum ,also the breast pump she requested for is here. I would need to guide her to how to use it."
Arjun looked at the nervous nurse. He was a little skeptical but the things she said were true actually.
His thoughts broke with Sabar's voice,
"Arjun, sweetheart, I actually do need help. I need to use the washroom. I haven't had a bath since yesterday so I would like one before I sleep. Also I can pump some milk so that we could take turns taking care of baby's night feed. It would really great."
Arjun walked towards Sabar and held her hands gently,
"Baby, I could help you with the bath, and she can teach you to pump here itself. Right?"
Sabar smiled at her husband's care and spoke, "Arjun if we both go for bath who'll look after our baby. We can't leave her alone. One of us needs to stay here with her. Also she might wake up with the hustle bustle around the room. Let me go with the nurse and you stay here. I'll be back shortly."
Arjun didn't feel at ease but he knew it had to be done. The hospital was surrounded with his guards, nothing could go wrong right? He smiled and nodded towards the nurse to come in and help his wife.
The nurse walked inside with the wheelchair and stopped near the couple. Arjun helped Sabar to get down from the bed and settle in the wheelchair. He caressed her cheeks and kissed her forehead,
"Come back quick", Sabar smiled and nodded her head. She looked towards her baby girl and wispered,
"Mama will be back soon baby. Love you".
With that the nurse wheeled Sabar out of the chamber.
:
:
:
It was almost an hour and Sabar was still not back. How much time does it takes to take a bath and pump some milk? Was she ok? Where is she? Negative thoughts started surrounding Arjun's mind and his heart felt an unease. He got up from the couch and walked towards the crib. His angel was sleeping peacefully. He was contemplating to do what, leave the baby for a few seconds and go call another nurse to look after his babu till he brings back Sabar or should he just wait for sometime.
He went towards Sabar's bed and clicked the bell to call someone. Just a few minutes later a ward boy walks in,
"Yes Sir?"
Arjun asks," umn could you please ask Malti to bring back my wife? It has been an hour that they went to freshen up."
The ward boy gave a quizzical look and asked,"who Malti?".
Arjun's heart started beating really fast, the uneasy feeling increased ten folds , he walked towards the ward boy and asked,
"Malti? A nurse here. She works in the night shift. She came here to take my wife for a change and help her with the breast pump".
The ward boy looked clueless and spoke, "Sir there's no nurse named Malti and why would Mrs.Raichand be taken anywhere when you have a huge bathroom attached to your room?"
Arjun felt like loosing his senses. His wife, hid Sabar was gone,for almost an hour . Oh no!
He ran in the direction Sabar was taken, he ran through all the floors ,checking all the rooms. The guards were alerted and even the hospital staff was searching for Sabar. Arjun was huffing from running here and there. He could feel tears brimming in his eyes. His Sabar was lost, in this condition. He kept cursing himself for ignoring his intuition.
Suddenly a nurse came running towards him and said,
"Sir, maam, please come with us" ,saying so he started running in a direction and Arjun followed after him. They reached near the store room where a crowd was gathered. He pushed others to enter. As he entered he saw to nurses holding an unconscious Sabar and the doctor was checking her pulse. He ran towards her and held her in hid arms,
"Sabar,baby,Sabar, Wake up please. Doctor, what happened?", he asked panicking.
The doctor took a second to complete his check up and then replied,
"Mr.Raichand your wife is fine. She was put to sleep using sedatives. There's no physical marks on her body that means someone might have used chloroform to make her pass out. Let's take her to your room and then check the cctv to see what happened".
Arjun felt at an absolute loss of his mind. He picked up Sabar and walked towards his room. On reaching he put her to bed and covered her . The doctor walks in and speaks,
"Don't worry Mr.Raichand she's alright. You should call your family. And i have informed the police. They are on their way. Mrs.Arjun would wake up in a short time. But..."
Arjun panickingly looked at the doctor in anticipation fearing what is after his 'but',
The doctor continues , "but I don't understand one thing Mr.Raichand, whoever it was if they wanted to harm you or Mrs.Raichand then why did they leave her ,without hurting her. I don't understand ".
Arjun looks quizzically at the doctor trying to understand what has happened,
"The nurse, she took Sabar but left her unconscious. Where is she? Why did she leave her there? Was she trying to scare me? ....... or, may be,to distract. But distract me from what? She definitely knew I would come for Sabar then what?........."
Arjun was trying to understand what has happened and why. He kept repeating the incidents trying to join the dots.
"Wait, the nurse took away Sabar and made her unconscious to keep her away so that I would realise something was wrong and come to look after her. Sabar was a distraction....The target was actually......", he stopped panicking. His heart beat rose and his breathing laboured. He understood. He knows. He slowly turned towards the crib and with slow shacky steps walked towards the crib, praying that what he is thinking is wrong.
He reached near the crib and looked inside it. His breathing stopped and hid eyes enlarged. The crib was empty. The baby wasn't there. His baby was gone.
He stumbled and held the side of the crib tightly. He could feel his chest tightening. His delicate sweet baby girl was gone, kidnapped...
"Aradhya....my baby, Aradhya", he wispered with tears flowing from his eyes.
He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned his head to look at his father. He immediately hugged him and howled in agony,
"Dad, dad my baby, my Aradhya, she's gone Dad, she's gone". Arjun cried in pain. He couldn't imagine where was his daughter,his one day old sweet child was kidnapped.
Raj tapped his shoulders and said, " Arjun ,Aradhya is taken by Dev".
Suddenly the howling stopped. Arjun opened his red eyes and heard what his father said. He slowly came out his father's embrace and looked at his  face to confirm if what he heard was right. Raj nodded his head passing his phone to Arjun.
It was a text msg ~
Hello Arjun. Congratulations on your daughter. I was so excited to meet her that I couldn't wait to see her , so I got her here with me. Oh Arjun your daughter is a gorgeous baby and adorable. She's such an angel that I want to keep her with me forever.
You took away Sabar from me ,so now I'm taking your daughter away from you. Stop me if you can.
The countdown begins"