Chapter 9

*Jack's pov*
*moving day/ the next day*
I'm not sure exactly where Maddie is moving to, but I do know, that she will be moving closer to me. Yay.
My dad and I are going over to their house at 6:00am in the morning to help. It's 4:56am right now, so I'm going to start getting ready. I throw on some shorts and go into the bathroom. I spike my hair, brush my teeth, and put cologne and deodorant on. I don't bother putting a shirt on 'cuz it's about 98 degrees here in Cali. I put my cross necklace that I wear everyday on and my watch.

That only took about 10 minutes, so I go downstairs to the kitchen and put 8 waffles in the toaster oven, yes I have a big toaster oven. I also made scrambled eggs. I put butter and syrup on the waffles and put 4 on each plate. I split the scrambled eggs up and pour some apple juice in 2 cups. I walk into the living room and hand my dad one of the plates and gave him a cup of apple juice.
I plop down on the recliner next to my dad and eat.
"Are you ready to go dad?"
"Yea, we gotta finish the food up and we're leaving"
"Okay"
When we're done we put our plates in the sink. I grab my phone and follow my dad out the front door.
-
*Maddie's pov*
I have to wake up early today, we have to get the house emptied, completely. Did I mention that Jack is coming over? Well he is and if your wondering about my dad and his dad, they're best friends. They go wayyyyy back. Anyways, I take my 1 outfit that I have left on, which includes a blue sports bra, a pair of black running shorts, and my blue high top converse. It's super hot out, so that why I'm wearing just a sports bra and shorts. I brush my hair , teeth, and put my hair into a high ponytail.
My phone clock says 5:23am and Jack and his dad are coming at 6. I'm soo hungry, but they're probably gonna be here in a few minutes. Ah whatever I'm super hungry. I decide that I'll go to Panera Bread down the street.
-
"Hi, can I get a asiago cheese bagel toasted, with regular cream cheese, please?" I say to the young women behind the counter, her name tag says "Alyssa".
"Sure, would you like a drink with that?" She asks.
"Um, yes, I'll get the wild berry smoothie please"
"Ok, your total is 7.14" she says, and yes I know they are expensive, but they're soooo good, and their wild berry smoothies are amazing. I pay and they hand me my stuff. I sit at a small booth and I ate. I made it quick so I would be somewhat on time when Jack got there.
I hop on my bike and put my smoothie in the little cup holder I have hooked on to the metal part of my bike.
-
I put the kickstand down and run to Jack. He hugs me, twirls me around, and kisses me on the forehead. I grab my smoothie and we head inside. The whole house was pretty much empty except for a few boxes that haven't been loaded into the moving truck. Jack and I grab the last 6 boxes and put them into the truck.
-
We are I. The living room talking, and getting ready to leave, until my dad whispers something into Jack's dad's ear and then his dad's face lights up and he whispers something into my dad's ear. My dad nods and whispers something back. Jack's dad whispers something into Jack's ear and he smiles a very big smile. They all look at me.
"Why can't I know?" I ask suspiciously.
"Because" they all say in unison.
"Fine" I say slouching down with my lip sticking out like a little kid.
Jack comes over and hugs me.
"It's worth it, trust me" he whispers into my ear.
"Okkk" he gives me a quick kiss and we head to the truck. My dad and I put the last thing in the moving truck, my bike, and we get in. My dad and I in the moving truck, Jack and his dad in their normal truck.
If your wondering where Blake is, he is at his friend's house until tomorrow, I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to be here for the move, but whatever.
-
We pull into a driveway with a slightly smaller house than the our old one because my mom is gone, so we don't need as many rooms. My mom always had an art room and an office. Art was her specialty. Jack and his dad are in the driveway next to us, probably because there isn't much room in our driveway 'cuz the moving truck is so big. I hop out and Jack and his dad walk over.
"Why did you park in that drive way?" I ask, suspicious.
"That's our driveway" Jack's dad says.
I squeal with excitement and start jumping up and down. I run to Jack and hop into his strong arms, he twirls me around and gives me a quick kiss.
"Did you guys plan this?" I ask narrowing my eyes at Jack, my dad, and his dad.
"Nope, we didn't find out till earlier that you were moving next door" Jack's dad says, chuckling.
I punched my dad playfully in the arm and hugged him.
"Let's start unpacking!" My dad says.

A/N
Hey peeps!
Sorry for the short chapter, but it was exciting! They live next door to each other! I wanted to update today, but it wasn't that long of a chapter, well at least it's something, right?
Hopefully I will update tomorrow. Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment, see ya🙈🍟.
2 random questions about this chapter/book.
1-are you glad they live next door to each other?
2- what do you want to happen in the future of this book? (If you have any ideas please let me know in the comments! If I like your idea then I might add something like it into my story! I will also give you credit for the idea)
Random question: what is your favorite kind of pop/soda?
My answer: probably Pepsi & sprite.