Chapter 6

*Maddie's Birthday*
**Shelby's pov**
Today I'm going to get Jack and Blake to help me set up a fun night for Maddie. I'm going to have Jack take her out somewhere, while me and Blake stay behind and make the house nice and get food ready. Maddie's dad is also helping us with making the cake. We're making her favorite, homemade ice cream cake. Blake and I have all the things we need to get such as food and stuff.

"Hey Jack go get Maddie and tell her your taking her out for her birthday" I tell him.
"Ok" he goes upstairs.

*Jack's pov*
I walk upstairs to tell Maddie that I want to take her out for her birthday. I think I might ask her out today. I kinda walk in without knocking because that's how we are with each other. I accidentally see her butt because she was getting dressed and was turned the other way. I quickly close the door quietly, but it squeaked a little. Ugh.
"Jack?" She asked.
"Uh, yea it's uh, me" gosh why do I stutter.
"You can come in, just turn the other way" she says.
I go in and close the door. I cover my eyes and lay on her bed.
"ok you can open" she says.
She had jean shorts, a purple sports bra, and her purple converse.
"How do I look?" She asks.
Oh gosh she looks amazing. Uh I don't want to sound like a freak.
"G-gorgeous" why did I just say that?? Now she's gonna think I like her. Well I do, but she probably will never like me back.
"Ok good" she says looking at herself in the mirror.
"What did you come in here for anyways?" She asks looking at me with her crystal blue eyes. I'm in love with them.
"I want to take you out for your birthday" I say smiling at her.
"Awe, ok, just because your awesome Jack" she says with that perfect smile she has.
"Ok be ready in 10 then come downstairs." I explain.
"Ok, Hey Jack?" She says.
"Yea?"
"Uh, never mind we can talk about it later," she says with a sad face.
"Are you ok?"
"Uh, yea I'm fine" she assures.
"Ok"
I back downstairs and tell Shelby that I got her to go with me.
"Perfect, thanks Jack"
"No problem"
-
*Maddie's pov*
I throw a purple crop top on that has a flower emoji on it, over my sports bra. I go to the bathroom brush my teeth, and hair. I put my hair up into a high ponytail. I grab my purse and phone. I heard Jack calling my name so I ran downstairs.
"You ready?" He asks with a smile on his face.
"Yup."
-
We pull into the movie theater parking lot.
"Yessss!!" I yell.
"What?" He asks.
"We get to see a movie!" I squeal.
"What movie do you want to see?" He asks.
"How about? Hmm.... Unfriended!!" I practically screamed.
"Ok, come on"
-
I scream along with a few others. Jack puts his arm around me so I sit closer to him. I bury my face into his chest when there was a scary part.
-
We hop into his truck.
"That was a really good, but scary movie!" I say chuckling.
"Yea" he agrees.
"So are we going back home?" I ask looking at him.
"Uh, I was actually wondering if you wanted to go to the beach with me?" He asks with a soft smile.
"I would love to! Wait.. I don't have a bathing suit" I say thinking.
"We can stop at The Target down the road and get you one"
"Awe Jack, ok if you insist" I say punching him in the arm playfully.
-
I walk in and head to the women's bathing suit area. I found a pretty turquoise bikini that has cute little smiling pineapples on it. It was the perfect size so we took it to the checkout and I payed for it.
-
We walk slowly, our toes squishing in the warm crispy sand. The birds were singing and it was perfect. We set our towels on the sand and laid down.
I applied some of my tanning lotion and laid there I swear when I looked over to check on Jack he was starring at me.
"Wanna go in the water?" I say with a wide grin on my face.
"YES!" He says.
He pulls his shirt off. Woah. Ok don't think about his 6 pack Maddie! He picks me up bridal style and he runs into the water. It's up to his thighs, he swings me back and forth, getting ready to throw me.
"Nooooo, Jack! Please don't!" I scream. Haha good thing no one else was by us or they probably would of thought Jack was brutally hurting me.
Next thing you know I'm underwater, oh I'll play this little game Jack. Game on! I swim underwater, opening my eyes to see where Jack's legs were. I swim up to them and pull him under. I swear I heard a scream, a little girl scream. Bahaahha!!
Jack lifts me up onto his back and he carries me back to shore. We were pretty far out.
-
We just talk about each other and then all of a sudden he grabs me hand and our fingers intertwine. Sparks, fireworks, butterflies!
Does he actually like me?
"Is this ok?" He asks.
"Of course"
He gets on one knee still holding my hand. Oh no what is he doing?
"Madison May Cole will you do the honers and be my girlfriend?" He asks his emerald orbs sparkling. In the matter of seconds, he lets go of my hand and has a small box in his hand. He opens it and it reveals a baby diamond and a little infinity sign.
"This is 'your Jack Lanse's girlfriend'ring" he says smiling.