Chapter 1: Together

Marinette pulled out her sketchbook and nibbled on the end of her pencil, in deep thought about what she was working on. She wanted this year to be one of the most special, for this Christmas she convinced Adrien's father to let Adrien come over for Christmas. It was about a week away and she was having a hard time coming up with ideas of what to get him. She wanted to hand make it and she knew she was running out of time. She rolled over on her back and huffed as she gave up, thinking she needed a break from brainstorming for a while.

She heard a loud thump above her, she turned her head above her bed toward the skylight seeing the white snow shift.

"Santa?" She whispered.

She saw two cat ears poke their way inside and saw Chat noir smiling down at her.

"Hey, Princess." He smiled, plopping down beside her.

"Oh, it's just you Chat." She smiled, scooting over for him to sit beside her.

He looked around her room in awe, it was heavily decorated in stockings and Christmas decorations. It really seemed like her family went all out for the holidays. He took a deep breath in and smiled as his eyes closed, breathing in the smell of gingerbread and hot chocolate.

"Your home always smells like Christmas, no matter the season." He chuckled.

"You're just not used to the smell of a home cooked meal you alley cat." She booped his nose, returning to her sketchbook.

He laughed and leaned over to see what she was working on. She turned her head and rolled her eyes.

"What? No one told you that curiosity killed the cat?" She laughed.

"I can't see?" He pouted.

"And ruin your Christmas present? I keep all of my projects in my sketchbook." She winked.

"You're... getting me something for Christmas...?"

"Of course, silly cat. Why wouldn't I? You're my best friend." She smiled, leaning her head on her propped up arm, staring at him as his face seemed to get a little red.

"Uh... well... anyways... What are our plans for tonight?" He asked, nudging her shoulder.

"Plans?" she said as if she didn't know what he was talking about.

"Come on princess. It's tradition." He pleaded.

"I know I know." She laughed.

"Want me to get the movie?" She smiled.

She saw Chat noir's eyes light up, seeing him jump down off of her bed and disappeared down to the kitchen. She let out a slight laugh, not bothering with what he was doing, trying to find her stash of Christmas movies.

It was almost tradition for Chat noir to come over and watch Christmas movies with her and her family whenever he had free time. She saw Chat noir more around Christmas time than any other holiday. She wondered why. Did he not have a good family to go home and celebrate it with?

She didn't want to bring it up. One, because of his secret identity and second, what if it brought up bad memories. She heard footsteps coming back up the stairs and saw him reappear with two mugs in his hands.

"Did you find it?" He asked, jumping back up to her bed and sat them down on a side table that she had beside her bed.

He covered himself up under her blankets and got everything ready, watching her bring the laptop up with her as she climbed the ladder. Marinette handed him the laptop and covered herself up as well. He laid his arm behind her so she had more room and put the laptop in the middle of them while they drank a few sips from their mugs. He watched as she inserted the disc, watching the menu pop up.

"This is one of your favorites, isn't it?" Marinette said, glancing over at him as his eyes were glued to the screen.

"Uh... yeah. How is it not yours? Heat miser and snow miser are the best." He smiled.

"You're right. I do love this movie. It isn't my favorite though." She said, leaning more into his shoulder as she got more comfortable.

Chat noir glanced down after a while and felt his temperature rise but soon let himself loosen up once he realized she fell asleep.

He let his arm that rested on the back of the bed frame gently fall onto her shoulder, pulling her toward him as he laid his head on top of hers. He continued watching the movie until somehow he drifted off into sleep as well. Only to wake up a few hours later to him laying next to her, face to face, only a kiss away.

Marinette heard a yelp and felt a jolt as the bed moved. She flew upward and looked around, no one was around. She wiped her eyes and saw the skylight was left open and figured that an animal must have made a sound outside and woke her up, so she closed it and went back to sleep.

Chat noir had his hand pressed to his chest as he felt it thumping through his suit and his mind was racing as he peered back through the skylight. She was back in bed and hadn't noticed him leaving. Good. He didn't just make an embarrassing fool of himself. That would have been an awful way to start the Christmas holidays.