Chapter 17: Her thoughts

"You want to play next Marinette?" Tom asked, offering Marinette the gaming controller.

"Tom you know she wants to, but she needs to help me with dinner. She can play after dinner. Chat noir can play with you." Sabine smiled.

Marinette groaned and nodded to her mother's words, seeing Tom and Chat noir's saddened expressions. Tom and Chat noir sat back down on the couch and pressed start on their video game. Marinette picked up another plate and handed it to her mother, seeing that she had everything already out.

"Here, dear. Cut these for me." Sabine asked, handing Marinette a knife and a tomato as well as a sweet onion.

"Alright, mom." She said, starting to cut it like she was asked to do. Marinette would occasionally look up and see Tom hugging Chat noir on the side of his shoulder with his arm laughing while playing a video game in deep conversation.

When did they become so close? When did it become so normal to have him stay over all of the time? Why was it just a normal everyday thing for a superhero to stay over every day all day and casually eat breakfast and dinner with a normal family? Did her family not think it weird?

"Marinette?" Chat's words pulled her out of her thoughts and she saw that he was standing right in front of her now.

"Y-yes?" She said a little started.

"Would you like some help cutting those? I have some pretty sharp claws after all." He said smiling.

"Oh... um... sure." She said smiling, wiping her hands on a towel.

"Go ahead and go wash up dear, dinner will be ready after Chat noir finishes cutting those for me anyhow." Sabine smiled.

"Alright, mom," Marinette said, walking toward the stairs to go change.

Marinette walked up the stairs about halfway but stopped and just stood there, watching silently. She saw Sabine standing near Chat noir, how they talked to one another, how they interacted, how kind they were to one another. How... her family already treated him like he was in the family. It warmed her heart. She liked Chat... a lot. Maybe she could see herself with him after all. It wouldn't be such a bad thing, would it?

Adrien.

Could she let go of those feelings for Adrien just like that and love Chat the same way she did Adrien? She sees Chat way more than she saw Adrien after all. She was a lot more comfortable around Chat noir than Adrien as well. She stood there and saw Chat noir slice the tomatoes and onions and handed them to her mother and wiped his hands and quickly made his way back to Tom, jumping onto the couch for a rematch.

He sure was comfortable at her home. Not only that, but he fit in well. He was like the missing part of their family. He sure kept things lively in their home and he kept her on her toes, that's for sure. He didn't know she was Ladybug but she trusted him more than anyone and she knew he would never know that. How could he, but she did? She loved him, she cared for him. She was still conflicted with herself about Adrien. She was scared. She didn't want to let him go, but she didn't want to lose Chat either. Though she knew she had to make a choice... and soon.