Chapter 4: Hot chocolate

Marinette rushed down the stairs and found Adrien inside of the bakery waiting on her.

"Hey Adrien, did you wait... uh... long? I'm.. so sorry!" She said, feeling slightly guilty.

"Not at all. The bakery smells so good, I could stay in here forever." He smiled.

"Heh heh... You could.." She smiled.

"Did you say something?" He said, turning his head.

"Oh! Nothing! I asked if you were ready to go get some hot chocolate at the new café that just opened!" She laughed nervously.

"Oh, yeah!" He smiled.

"Bye mom, bye papa!" She waved goodbye and left with Adrien, closing the bakery door behind them.

As they entered outside, the outside streets were painted in white. It had snowed all night and was still snowing. It was so cold that it was already making their noses turn a bright shade of pink. She turned to look over at Adrien and saw that his nose was starting to turn pink and started to blush, thinking how cute he looked.

"Are you alright Marinette? Are you catching a cold already?" He asked, looking at her.

"No, I'm fine. Shall we go?" She smiled, looking at his green emerald eyes seeming to be emphasized in the white glossy atmosphere.

"Sure." He said, taking hold of her hand with his glove and leading her toward the café.

"Wh-what?!" It took her by surprise and caused her to blush, wondering why he was holding her hand.

"I almost slipped coming in here, be careful." He smiled, looking back at her flustered face.

They made it to the café not too long after and waited in long and took a seat by a big window inside. She took her coat off and her scarf, letting herself warm up as he grabbed them both hot chocolate. She pulled out her phone and saw a text from Alya and Nino and frowned, and then saw Adrien sit down in front of her.

"What's the matter? Are Alya and Nino on their way yet?" He said, looking around.

"She said they can't make it." She said, showing him the text, though she knew Alya bailed on purpose. She knew Alya did things like this on purpose so she would be alone with him. She appreciated it but sometimes she liked double dates.

"It'll be alright Marinette. We can still have a good time." He smiled.

"Uh... yeah." She said, noticing that she might have been frowning and tried to smile.

She took a hot chocolate from him and thanked him, blowing away the steam. She looked out the window at the slowly falling snow, not noticing him faintly staring at her and smiling.

"How is your hot chocolate?" He asked, picking up his own to try.

"It's a little hot but good." She said, smiling. "What about yours?"

"It's alright, but I've had better." He smiled, looking out the window.

"Oh? Whose?"

As he took a sip he about choked on it. He couldn't tell her that it was her hot chocolate that he liked best. She had never given him hot chocolate as Adrien. She had only given him hot chocolate as Chat noir. He coughed and cleared his throat.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"Just fine. Was just a little too hot." He smiled, a little embarrassed.

"Uh... my mother..." He lied.

"Hmm... I make a pretty good hot chocolate. Maybe you could try it sometime." She blushed.

"I would like that." He smiled, looking over at Marinette, seeing her blush.

They sat there in the coffee shop for a while and talked, getting to know one another better. Marinette actually managed to get normal sentences out and have a normal conversation with him. Though it wasn't long until they had to depart and his bodyguard picked them both up. Though before they departed, they both got a text that invited them to Alya's house for some board games in a few days, for ditching them at the coffee shop.

"I guess I will see you at Alya's." Adrien smiled.

"See you there Adrien." She smiled back, waving him goodbye as his car drove off in the snow.