Chapter 21: The Christmas party

"Hey princess?" Chat asked, holding the warm container of cookies in his hands as they drew closer to Alya and Nino's.

"Yes, Chat?" She asked turning to look at him.

"Can I... Uh... we go somewhere... after the Christmas party?" He asked, a little nervous.

"Go somewhere? What do you mean? Go where?" She asked, confused.

Chat thought for a few seconds, wondering if it would be too bold to ask her. He knew she had feelings for Adrien and he also knew that she didn't know that they were the same person. Alya thinks over the text that she is starting to like Chat noir more though. This could be an opportunity.

"There's a Christmas Festival tonight. I was going to see if... after the Christmas party if you would like to go with me." He blushed.

"I would love to Chat, but let's see how late it is first. I don't want to bail on Alya and Nino." She smiled.

"Oh, yeah of course!" He smiled, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

Marinette and Chat noir made it to Alya and Nino's a little while later and knocked on the door. Alya opened the door and Alya grabbed Marinette's arm and rushed her inside. Nino laughed and waved Chat noir inside.

"Uh... where should I put these?" Chat asked, looking down at the container of cookies.

"Uh...Princ... uh...Marinette?" He said looking around for her.

"Just sit them on the counter, dude. Alya's been trying to get a hold of Marinette for a while. Something about a girl meeting. It'll be a few minutes." Nino laughed.

Chat noir sat them on the counter and walked over to sit down beside Nino. They both sat there awkwardly for a few minutes until they heard both girls squealing in the other room.

"Girl!" Alya squealed.

"Shh!" Marinette hushed her, handing her the snowflakes.

"Forget about the snowflakes Marinette! Why didn't you tell me you two kissed! Where is your phone? I texted you." Alya said smiling excitedly, placing the snowflakes to the side.

"My phone? I uh... must have forgotten it at home on my way here. I was using it for the cookie recipe." Marinette said, getting sidetracked.

"Oh whatever, it's fine. Back to the main subject. You like Chat noir! I thought he and Ladybug were a thing?" She said.

"I guess...not?" Marinette laughed nervously.

"I need all of the details. Now!" Alya grinned.

Marinette smiled nervously, knowing that this was going to take a long time to explain everything but... was now the time? They were having a party after all. Wasn't this considered rude?

"Uh... shouldn't we go back in there? They are waiting for us." Marinette ran to the door and escaped into the living room and sat beside Chat noir, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Hey, dudette." Nino waved, seeing that she escaped from Alya.

"Hey... Nino." Marinette said with a nervous smile.

Alya walked into the living room with a determined look that gave both Marinette and Chat noir a nervous feeling that made them both almost regret coming, though they remained glued to the spot.

"You know what?" Alya began, sitting beside Nino.

"Last time we had our Christmas party, we didn't get to finish our game," Alya smirked.

"Games? Now?" Chat noir asked.

"I'm down for any games." Nino smiled, getting hyped.

Marinette gave Alya a confused look and Alya smirked, and she knew instantly that she was going to regret it. Marinette sighed and shoved her head in her hands, making Chat noir turn and look at her.