"The New Girl"

We got to the school and I walked away from Eric that way I didn't have to deal with his obnoxious friends. I got everything I needed from my locker and put my headphones in. I pressed play and before I locked my phone I heard a voice over my shoulder. I turned around and was face-to-face with Liam. "H-hi" I said surprised. "Hoodie Allen. nice" he said. I took my earbuds out and stood there awkwardly for a minute. "Is there something you needed?" I asked him. "Oh, you're just in front of my locker. It's fine though." He said smiling at me. "Oh sorry." I said shuffling out of his way. "Your fine" I chuckled. "So... you like Hoodie Allen?" He said not looking up from his lock. "More like love!" I said, more excitedly than I probably should have been. "Oh really? He's pretty awesome" he agreed. "I'm dying to go to one of his concerts!" I said. "Hey Savannah" Eric said coming up to me and grabbing my books. "I have two arms ya know" I giggled. "Liam" Eric said awkwardly. "Eric". I could tell there was some tension there or something. "Do you want to walk to first period with me?" Liam asked me. "S-sure" I said looking at Eric who kinda gave me a disappointed look.

We walked in right as the bell rang. "So, you know Eric?" I asked Liam. "Yeah, we were friends when we were little" he said putting his stuff down. "Were? What happened there, if you don't mind me asking?" "Well I guess we kinda drifted off a bit when we started hanging out with different people. We still hung out but stuff happened and, we just went completely different ways." He said. "Oh.." I guess was all I could say. I walked over to Eric. "Can I have my books?" I asked. He handed them to me without looking at me. He was fixated on his notebook, writing away. "Thank you." I still got no words out of him. I bent over and looked at his notebook. Before I could see anything he covered it with a book. He looked up at me and raised an eyebrow. "Sorry..." I said walked back to my seat. The rest of the day drug on. Jenn was gone so I had no one to talk to all day. I didn't write to Eric either because he wasn't talking to me so I didn't want to write a note if he wasn't going to read it. After school I put my stuff in my locker and looked to see if Eric was anywhere. I saw him walking towards me. He handed me the note silently and walked away. When I got on the bus, I sat in the same seat and waited for Eric. I saw him walk down the aisle and sit in the seat across from me.

After everyone got done passing in front of me I looked over at him. He was playing a game or doing something on his phone with his headphones in. I plopped down into the seat with him and he still didn't look up. I pulled on one of his earbuds gently. I took it out of his ear when he didn't look at me. Still nothing. He's good at the silent treatment. I unplugged his headphones from his phone an took his phone. "Give me my phone" he said sticking his hand out expecting me to give it back. "Not until you start talking to me! What did I do, Eric!" My voice getting louder. "Nothing, it's not you. Please give me my phone." He said. I handed him his phone back. "Please don't ignore me" I said, putting my head on his shoulder. After a few minutes of quietness he finally spoke "you make it impossible to ignore you." "What happened with you and Liam? Is me hanging out with him the reason?" I asked him quietly. He took a deep breath. " we were friends and then we didn't hang out a much because we chose different crowds, ya know. Well one time, I saw something that I really shouldn't have seen and Liam stopped talking to me..." He answered. I was quiet for a few minutes. "Can I read the note?" I asked. "Yeah I guess" he said blushing a bit. I took my head off his shoulder and unfolded the note. He basically said that he was hurt and he wanted me to be in his life for a long time. I felt a single tear roll out of the corner of my eye. He noticed I was done reading and gave me a crooked little smile and wiped away my tear with his thumb. I basically attacked him with a giant bear hug, well the best you can do considering we were still on the bus. I didn't let go of him until the bus stopped. It was our stop. We got off the bus and stood there to talk a bit. When I went to leave, I walked over to him and gave him a hug and kissed his cheek. When I got home I wrote the note to Eric and called my dad.