"The New Girl"

I told him what Jenn had told me over the phone and what hapened when i went to his house. "Eric did used to have a lot of 'girlfriends' that he 'loved'. One time there was even two at one time!" he said putting air quotations around girlfriends and love. "I guess Im really just hurt considering this is my first heartbreak... I miss the boys back in Tennesse calling me 'sugar' and 'darlin'. Here its like theyre all the same...'baby' and 'babe'. I really liked him, ya know?" I said looking at Liam, again his eyes looking as if they could see right to my heart. Like he knew how I was feeling and the pain was real for him too. There was just silence for a bit. "Listen, Savannah, I know how it feels to have your heart broken. If you need anything, Im here for you. Just promise me you wont let Eric get under your skin. Id hate to see some jerk turn the sweetest personality, sour." he conforted. "Thank you Liam. I really do appreciate it." I said wiping a tear from my eye.

I drove Liam home and we sat in his driveway until the rain slowed down and in fact it stopped. Liam told me to come inside. I went inside with him and we sat by the fireplace, already going from his sister who was in the living room until Liam asked her to go to her room. We sat and talked until our clothes had dried and it had been two hours. "Listen, thank you for everything. I really have to go." I said standing up. "Yeah, it's no problem" he said standing up after me and walking towards the door. We walked to my car and he held the door open. "I'll see you on Monday" he said shutting the door. I drove home and hopped in the shower.

*monday*

I walked to the bus stop like any other day. I'm not sure why I still take the bus since I have my car though. I waited on the bus, head down, earphones in. Taylor doesn't sit by me on the bus anymore, I'm not sure why. When the bus pulled up I went to my usual seat and plopped down. I wondered if Eric would sit by me today, but sure enough he did. I didn't look up to look at him, just say there twiddling my thumbs. I had taken my earphones out to just in case he wanted to say anything to me. secretly I hoped he would, but I'd never admit to it. about halfway there he turned to me. "Savannah, I know you don't want to talk to me, and frankly after hearing the things you've heard I don't blame you, but if you won't talk can you at least listen? Please?" He said choking back tears. I looked at him with an expressionless face. "I know the stuff you heard was bad about me. And I know you won't believe me when I say this but you have changed me. I care for you" He said convincingly. "You are so important to me and I don't want to lose you. You're all I want" he said at barely a whisper. "Eric..." was all I could say an before I knew it there tears streaming down my face. "Shh. Don't say anything" he cooed pulling me to his chest.