Chapter 26 (Y/n)

I was afraid I was alone, in the middle of nowhere. 

I stood up, holding onto my ribs for dear life. 

Turns out that when you fling yourself onto solid asphalt with three cracked ribs, it hurts. 

I heard someone yelp and whipped around to see Nico rolling on the ground, clutching his arm. I rushed to his side. Both were happy to see him and terrified at the same time. 

Will sat straight up off the ground, gasping for air. In an instant, he was at his boyfriend's side.

"Neeks, lie still. I need to see your shoulder." He somehow got the feisty goth to lean back; I helped Will remove his leather jacket so he could get a better look at the damage.

"Nico, I need to pop it back in. You've dislocated your shoulder pretty badly." But he shook his head, sitting upright.

"No, Will, I'll be fine—" Will leaned over and whispered something into Nico's ear. Nico's cheeks turned as red as roses, and he nodded. Will pecked his boyfriend's forehead before grabbing his shoulder between his hands.

"(Y/n), I need you to hold Nico upright; I'm going to push his shoulder back."

I nodded and scrambled over to help. Will took a deep breath before he leaned his body weight onto Nico's shoulder, and there was a sudden pop sound. Nico hissed and swatted at him, but Will was in doctor mode and already had the bandages out for a sling.

I stumbled up from the ground, turning, begging the whole group to follow. 

Fortunately, they had. 

A headless Liam was standing up, helping Melog off the ground. She took his head and helped him place it back on his neck before breaking out the duct tape. Leo rolled on the pavement nearby, clutching his stomach. 

He groaned, and Liam rolled his eyes.

"You're still alive." The metal giant sighed.

"Unfortunately." Leo joked.

I kneeled beside him.

"You okay?"

He smirked through his pain, his hair a mess.

"Are you concerned about me, Cariño? Don't worry, that rock broke my fall." 

I let him be on the ground, taking in our surroundings.

"Where are we?" Melog asked, stumbling beside me. 

We were in an alley, but I could hear people at the end of it. I stuck my head out of the entrance and was blinded by sunlight. 

Once it subsided, I looked around. 

There was this peer-looking thing. A bunch of shops lined either side of the boardwalk, and a ship was loading at the very end. A sign decorated with a sunset and palm trees was also there.

"Rhode Island."

I ran a hand through my hair. How did we end up in Rhode Island? 

My back met the cement wall, and I sat on the ground while everyone picked themselves up.

Now what?

We'd made it out, but I needed to figure out where we would go. I know Mr. D had warned me not to, but I had to try at least and use the prophecy to figure out what to do.

"Fire or lover, one will fall.

Six, this time, will answer the call.

One of death, two of machines, although one seems too keen.