07

The tension on set had been mounting, and Jisoo could feel it in every muscle of her body. As Director Suga shouted orders, frustration was evident on his face. After multiple takes, the slap scenes still weren’t coming out right. Jisoo could see Wonyoung flinching slightly with each failed attempt.

Finally, Suga’s patience snapped. “Jisoo! This is the last time we’re doing this. I want a real slap. No half measures. Make it loud and believable!” His voice boomed. Wonyoung was already uneasy, but Jisoo felt a strange sense of relief at his command. The pent-up frustration she held against Wonyoung made the prospect of delivering an actual slap satisfying.

The set glowed with artificial moonlight, the fans blew, and their costumes fluttered in the wind. Jisoo clenched her hand, ready. This time, there would be no holding back.

“Action!” Suga called.

Jisoo's voice rang out, dripping with fury, “How dare you think I’d forgotten how you betrayed me in our past life! Even in this one, you dare to do the same, but I swear, I will fight for what’s mine. You will pay!”

Wonyoung, ever the professional, responded with a sly smirk, “I’ve already entered your harem. Soon, I’ll enter the King’s chambers and take your place―”

Without hesitation, Jisoo’s hand flew across Wonyoung’s face. Slap!

It wasn’t just a scene. It was personal. Jisoo felt no pain in her hand, only a strange satisfaction. She slapped her again, the sound echoing louder.

Slap! “No. You won’t.”

The third slap followed. Slap! “I won’t let you.”

Wonyoung staggered, clearly shaken, but Jisoo wasn’t finished. “I promise, you won’t ever try anything with me again.”

One more slap—harder, sharper. Slap! Wonyoung’s knees buckled beneath her as she crumbled to the ground.

Jisoo leaned down, lifting Wonyoung’s chin with a single finger. Her voice was low, cold. “Forgiveness is my mercy, not my weakness. Don’t mistake it again.”

Wonyoung’s fear was visible in her eyes, but she refused to let it show in her expression. She wasn’t just acting; she was learning the hard way that Jisoo wasn’t someone to be trifled with. This was more than a scene—it was Jisoo releasing all her past anger and resentment. And she felt no regret.

“Cut!” Suga’s voice broke the tension. “Now that’s what I wanted! Why didn’t you act like that from the start? My poor throat!” He praised Jisoo’s performance, much to the amusement of the crew. “Take 50 minutes, everyone! New costumes next.”

Jisoo, still feeling the intensity of the scene, walked off set without acknowledging anyone. She needed to be alone. She made her way to the staff café and ordered an iced Americano, wanting to cool down, both mentally and physically.

Out of nowhere, V appeared, as if sensing her mood. “You look upset,” he observed casually.

Jisoo nearly jumped. “You startled me,” she said, trying to mask the flustered feeling that surfaced when she saw him in his full costume—long hair wig, golden robes, antique jewelry, and holding a sword. He did look ridiculously good, but she wasn’t about to admit it.

“I know. I look hot,” he smirked, tilting his head with his usual confidence.

Jisoo rolled her eyes, trying to seem indifferent, but she couldn’t help but notice how effortlessly regal he appeared. “What are you even doing here?”

“I’ve got a fight scene now,” he said, his tone softening, “and then a romantic scene with you.”

Her heart sank at the mention of the romance scene. She suddenly felt embarrassed and looked down. Before she could say anything, the short barista handed her the iced Americano.

“I’ll see you later then,” Jisoo muttered, excusing herself quickly and walking away. She didn’t realize until she’d left that her cheeks were flushed.

The momentary escape had done nothing to calm her racing thoughts.