06

Jisoo immediately hugged Lisa and Jungkook. It had been ages since she last saw them, but she quickly noticed their hesitation.

“Careful, girl, I can’t afford to break that peacock crown. Even selling my kidney wouldn’t cover it,” Lisa joked, making Jisoo pout.

“Lisa, you’re the best hacker in Korea, and you’re saying you’re broke?” Jisoo snorted.

“You look like my great-great-great-grandmother in that outfit,” Jungkook teased with a scoff.

“Guys, have some pity on me! I woke up from such a sweet dream and scared myself when I saw the mirror. It’s not like I did this to myself.” Jisoo pouted dramatically, making her friends burst into laughter.

But the lighthearted moment quickly faded when V walked over. “If you’re done, shall we head to the set?” His presence instantly darkened the mood for the trio.

Ignoring him, Jisoo turned to her friends. “So, why are you here? I’m sure it’s not just to gain some acting experience.”

Lisa rolled her eyes. “Someone’s making a special appearance in the drama within the drama you’re shooting.”

“You mean the one where the female lead is the reincarnated lover of the male lead, but there’s already a scheming consort who makes her life hell?” Jisoo asked, puzzled.

Lisa shook her head. “I’m talking about a person, not the scene.”

“Who?” Jisoo’s curiosity piqued.

Jungkook snickered. “Wonyoung.”

Jisoo’s expression darkened instantly. “Don’t you dare mention that name in front of me.”

As if on cue, a snobbish, arrogant voice interrupted, dripping with condescension. “Look who’s talking! Orphan yourself, and you still have the nerve to blame people who’ve been blessed with parents.”

There she was—Wonyoung, in all her haughty glory. Her snobby attitude could irritate anyone, but her almost doll-like looks made her even more unbearable.

“Long time no see, Governor’s daughter. You don’t look like you’ve been eating well. Lost seventeen pounds, perhaps?” Jisoo responded sharply, hitting Wonyoung where it hurt. Lisa, Jungkook, and V struggled to contain their laughter.

Jisoo smirked, fully aware that Wonyoung had just hit her weak spot by mentioning her orphan status. But Jisoo had retaliated perfectly—Wonyoung was five months pregnant and didn’t know who the father was. If the media hadn’t found out, she would have terminated the pregnancy as she had done before. But now, she had to play the victim card and salvage her sinking reputation. Her clients had all backed out, leaving her jobless, and even her influential father had nearly disowned her. Three years ago, she had been the most desirable woman in high society, with elites vying for her hand. But looks could only take you so far—eventually, the world demands talent.

Jisoo had learned this truth well. If you want the moon, you must first seize the sun, and only then will everything fall into place. But strangely, even after obtaining everything she desired, it never felt like enough. Instead of satisfaction, all she felt was an insatiable hunger for more.

Her thoughts were broken when she noticed Wonyoung fuming with anger. Wonyoung, dressed similarly in an imperial gown but in golden hues, was clearly trying to compete. Jisoo, clad in fiery red, stood as the embodiment of fire itself.

But the one who is fire, Jisoo thought with a smirk, why would she ever fear the flames?