Chapter 5

~I'm sorry..~

Scaramouche POV

As i heard Kazuha talk about what had happened, the more i heard the more i grew concerned for his mental health. God dammit he had been through all of this and he had refused to talk about it? I felt incredibly bad for being so cold and rude to him, so i couldn't help but show some sympathy to him.

Once Kazuha had finished talking, he turned towards me and i noticed the tears slowly travelling down his face.

"Hey hey your okay, i'm sorry for being cold to you and everything, i'm afraid thats just my personality" I said, softer as usual. At this point i had considered him as one of his friends after being pulled slightly closer to him with the project we had been working on.

I had no idea how to comfort him, i wasn't used to this sort of stuff so i wrapped my arm around his shoulder and pulled him in for a loose hug, a small tint of red appearing on my face.

"I'm sorry for offloading this onto you.." He said quickly, tears streaming down.

"It's fine. You can cry, you were put through a lot" I said, while gently stroking my hand through his hair.

Wait. I didn't like him. Did i..? 

No i don't why would i ever think that! Anyways this isn't the time to think of that, my new friend was crying and i had to support him in some way. He continued to cry as i pulled him slightly closer to me. 

After a while he had finally calmed down, his breathing slowed down and his heartbeat returned to normal. I stopped brushing through his hair and just tucked a few pieces of hair behind his ear. 

"I'm here for you, Kazuha..." I said softly

"Thank you..." He mumbled then sat back up as i took my arm off his shoulder, my cheeks still slightly tinted with blush.

"I've got some eyeliner if you need it" I said, slightly giggling to try and lighten the mood

"Thank you" He said, giggling slightly 

"Right wipe your tears away now, lets go back to the group before they think i killed you off" i told Kazuha, my cold voice returning

"Okay then" He chuckled while wiping his face with his hand, trying not to smudge his eyeliner even more

We both walked back over to the table, Heizou looked at us with a concerned look. Kazuha had mentioned that he is the only other one that knew because he was a close friend aswell. Heizou smiled at me softly while we sat down, i guess he was glad i had talked to him about it.

"Kazuha are you okay what did that bastard say to-" But before Venti could finish, he had Xiao's hand firmly over his mouth. 

Xiao screamed out in disgust as Venti had licked his hand, screaming out as me, Heizou and Kazuha started cackling. I guess this friendship group was actually alright, atleast more entertaining then my brother and his mates. 

"Right back to where i was, Kazuha what happened" Venti said, his usual happy smile 

"Nothing dont worry, i just talked to Scaramouche about something" He said while smiling a little 

"Well you seem to be in a brighter mood now so i'm happy about that!" Venti said cheerfully

I was happily listening to the conversation until i heard a whisper in my ear that belonged to Heizou

"Was it about him" He whispered so none of the others could say 

"Yes it was, he told me almost everything" I replied